I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Sweet Italian Chili is a hearty, sweet Chili that is full of sweet tomato Italian flavor. If you need a chili that isn’t very spicy, then this is perfect for you.
Sometimes I have writer’s block and not sure what to write a post. Truthfully, that was the case with this Sweet Italian Chili post. I have had the photo and title for this Sweet Italian Chili in the draft for days until I get inspired to write.
I could have written how rooting for my hometown Steelers to wildcard game, which they did on one of the most played bizarre games. I could write about the crazy weather, but that is just too mundane. Then, of course, there is always the work and family drama that always around me, but I do tend to keep family drama private and trying not to let the work drama bother me as much, besides I don’t want to well, just write to bitch about stuff going on in my life.
So what to write? Well, how about some just “news” going on with me? I do have some interesting things that are going on, one is my Smoked Salmon and Dill Goat Cheese Grilled Cheese was featured in the Sunday Supplement of Parade Magazine as 1 of 7 of the fanciest grilled cheeses. I am like #4 in the slideshow, so check it out. It also was in the print edition as well:
Sweet Italian Chili
Growing up, as I mentioned in the past posts, we didn’t have spices in the food. So, I never knew chili to be a spicy food. My mother’s chili was always a sweeter chili. Flash forward to today, I came across a sweet Italian chili recipe, after reading it, I realized that was my mother’s chili. Being me I wanted to improve upon this sweet chili, I needed to add a little zip to it.
Luckily I had just been to the Fabulous Food Show here in Cleveland and picked up a bottle of Mason-Dixon Mix’N Glaze from Appalachian Mountain Specialty Foods. I fell in love with this sauce when I sampled it at the show. It just had this zest to it that made the food pop with flavor. It is only $6 a bottle and trust me it is a steal at that price.So I added a little to this chili and it really brought the zest to this chili without killing the sweetness. This sauce is perfect for enhancing any meat-based sauce, in fact, I used it in a few recipes I have coming up here on Seduction in the Kitchen.
Check out these recipes:
- Meatball Salad Italian Meal In One
- Grilled Mushroom Steak: Make any Cheap Cut Of Meat Taste like Filet Mignon
- Cranberry Balsamic Dressing: A Great Way To Use Up Leftover Cranberry Sauce
A hearty, sweet Chili that is full of Italian flavor. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
- 1 1/2 lbs 95% lean ground beef
- 3/4 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cans kidney beans drained, (16 ounces)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes (16 ounces)
- 1 can tomato paste (12 ounce)
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried sweet basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons Mason Dixon Mix n Glaze
- Brown ground beef in a dutch oven.
- Drain the fat off of the meat and return to pan.
- Next add bell pepper, parsley, onion, garlic, and celery.
- Saute until onion is clear which is approximately 5 minutes.
- Next, add the remaining ingredients and simmer on low for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Ladle some into a bowl and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 1094mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 9gSugar: 23gProtein: 32g