I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
[intro]Grilled Mushroom Steak uses a technique to tenderize cheap steak and turn it into a mouth-watering steak with balsamic saute mushrooms.[/intro]
I do have some exciting news I want to share with you. I am now a contributing editor for Parade Magazine’s Community Table. I am beyond thrilled at this opportunity, In fact, I have already I have my first post up and it is live! It is called Coffee Lover’s Delight: 14 Tasty Coffee Creations.
I am going to do a weekly recipe collection theme each week on there. I will let you guys know when on Seduction in the Kitchen’s Facebook Page and in my posts as well. I do have a Salsa one I am working on now for the next post for the Community Table.
Recipentrest just launched, which is my recipe submission website I been helping create with WebFortuners web development team, just launched ready for people and food bloggers to submit their recipes and recipe links too. Now Parade gig, I told you guys I am making changes in my life. Actually, over the next week, I am going to be encouraging people to start submitting their recipes and recipe links to Recipentrest, because now I am in a position where I can help promote those wonderful recipes. So in other words, yes Recipentrest is open for business and will take your recipes and recipe links. It is a whole new way for you to promote those yummy recipe creations you make.
Grilled Mushroom Steak Recipe
Anyway, last weekend, when the weather was actually more spring-like. I think the way this weather here in Cleveland is ping-ponging is why I have been feeling blah lately, but that another thing altogether. Anyway, I actually grilled, yes I grilled up this Grilled Mushroom Steak. The weather was good and a steak on the grill was perfect to have for dinner.
What inspired this recipe actually was a technique I saw on how to make a cheap piece of steak taste like filet mignon. The secret: Salt. Yep, you saw that right, salt. I heard about this before, salt can age a steak and make it tender. I use a mixture of Pink Himalayan salt and Hawaiian Volcanic salt to age my steaks. Wait, here instead of me getting into detail about this detail, just watch this:
Trust me it works like a charm this technique. I used the cheapest steak I could find at the Super Market and the end result of salting it with the technique above really made for a Grilled Mushroom Steak. I am a lover of mushrooms, so I did this balsamic saute mushroom and put them on top the steak. The result was fabulous! It was one the best Grilled Mushroom Steak I have had outside of a restaurant.
A technique to tenderize cheap steak and turn it into a wonderful mouth watering steak topped with balsamic saute mushrooms. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 2 cuts of steak
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 6 oz sliced mushroom
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- On a foiled lined cookie sheet place your steaks on it. Then cover the steaks in salt. Depending on the thickness let them sit, salt covered for at least 1 hour.
- After an hour you will notice the "juice" around the steaks, If you want to sit longer to tenderize it more you can. I have been know to let steaks age overnight. Rinse off the salt under water,
- Pat the steaks dry with a paper towel, and season the steaks with a little salt and pepper.
- Grill the steaks to your liking.
- Heat up the oil in a pan, place the sliced mushrooms and garlic in the hot oil and saute them for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the vinegar and sugar to the mushrooms and stir to dissolve the sugar. Bring to a simmer and reduce the heat.
- Let the liquid reduce over the mushrooms.
- Once the liquid is reduced, remove the mushrooms from the heat.
- Place the steaks on a plate and top with the saute mushroom mixture and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1282Total Fat: 87gSaturated Fat: 33gTrans Fat: 4gCholesterol: 286mgSodium: 1412mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 93g