Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimpis shrimp with sweet chili sauce. This Thai inspired shrimp dish is easy and only uses one pan to create this sweet and spicy dish!
You will love this Thai sweet chili shrimp. It will be your favorite recipe to make any night of the week.
Iam a typical Libra. I am always indecisive and always changing things up. Why? Because we like balance.
As you see I changed the recipe card. But, it wasn’t by choice! The recipe card plugin I had got sold to another company. So had to change the recipe card to what they offer.
Seduced By Food
Did you notice the new link up in the menu bar Seduced by Food?It is where I am turning the tables. You see my lovely food creations, now I want to see your food dishes.
That is right it is a special page that I built for you to show off your culinary creations. If you made a recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen, let me see it! You are proud of a dish you made, show it off!
It is simple, all you got to do is use the hashtag #SeducedByFood on your Instagram post. When the hashtag used your post goes right here onto Seduction In The Kitchen onto the Seduced By Food Page!
That is right! I’m showcasing your wonderful food creations! So be proud! Let me and the readers see what food is seducing you!
Let’s talk Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp. I am a seafood lover, especially when comes to shrimp. This recipe I came to be because of Home Chef
I signed up to give them a try and they were offering $30 off the first order. I went through eBates, so I got an extra 10% off the order. So all I had to pay to try Home Chef was $9.99 for 3 meals. Not a bad deal.
Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp
Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp is easy to make, and I loved the chili garlic shrimp. Plus it gave me the recipe so I can make this sweet chili shrimp stir fry again. I loved that I got everything I needed to make this the first time in the delivery box.
Thai sweet chili shrimp
So I have recreated the Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp recipe from Home Chef to share with you. Trust me this shrimp with sweet chili sauce is amazing! The sweet meets spicy in this shrimp dish is out this world.
Plus this sweet chili shrimp is a one pan type of dish. Bonus it only takes 30 minutes to make. Trust me you are going to love this sweet chili shrimp recipe!
Check Out This Video For Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp
Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp is a Thai inspired dish that is easy and only uses one pan to create this sweet and spicy dish!
- 1 Cup jasmine rice
- 1 head Bok Choy
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb Uncooked Shrimp, Deveined Tails Removed
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 Carrots, Cut Into Sticks
- 1 Tablespoon Cilantro, Chopped
- 1 Lime
- 1/4 Cup sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- In a small pot, bring rice and 2 cups water to a boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until rice is tender, 18-20 minutes. While rice cooks, prepare ingredients.
- While rice cooks, make the Sweet Chili Garlic Shrimp.
- Remove any discolored outer leaves from bok choy. Trim ends and
- Trim ends and remove the leaves.
- Cut stems of the bok choy into ¼” slices and coarsely chop leaves.
- Zest the lime and juice it.
- Pat shrimp dry, and season both sides with a pinch of pepper.
- Heat 1 the olive oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and sear on one side for 2-3 minutes. Flip, and cook 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
- Flip the shrimp and cook another 30 seconds. Transfer to a plate.
- Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
- Add the carrot, and bok choy stems to the pan.
- Stir often until vegetables just begin to soften about 6-8 minutes.
- Add bok choy leaves, cilantro, Lime zest, and half the minced garlic.
- Stir constantly until leaves just begin to wilt, about 30-60 seconds.
- Remove the vegetables to a plate.
- Add sweet chili sauce, soy sauce, honey, remaining garlic, and lime juice to pan.
- Bring to a simmer and cook until reduced to a honey-like consistency, 2-4 minutes.
- Return shrimp a to the pan. Stir constantly until shrimp are coated in glaze and reach a minimum internal temperature of 145 degrees, 30-60 seconds. Remove from burner.
- Stir constantly until shrimp are coated in glaze about 30-60 seconds. Remove from burner.
- Remove the pan from the burner.
- Place a bed of rice on a plate and top with vegetables and glazed shrimp. Spoon any remaining glaze on top of shrimp.
- Serve it up and ENJOY!