I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Slow cooker Cajun pot roast is an easy pot roast you can make. This Cajun recipe brings in flavor with a little heat.
Easy pot roast
One of the most popular recipes on Recipes of Disney is an easy pot roast recipe. Pot roast is comfort food, so I can understand why people leave that pot roast recipe on my Disney blog.
What about an easy pot roast recipe for Seduction in the Kitchen? I really wanted to give a unique flavor and also make it a slow cooker pot roast recipe.
Why make this slow cooker pot roast a Cajun recipe? There is a lot of recipes for pot roast so want one that is not only flavorful but stands out. A Cajun recipe sounded like that would work for this slow cooker recipe.
Pot roast gravy
What really makes a pot roast wonderful is the pot roast gravy. The Cajun spice in this pot roast gravy is what brings on the wonderful flavor.
So not only is this slow cooker pot roast recipe flavorful, it is an easy pot roast anyone can make. Plus with cooking beef in a slow cooker, it will be very tender too.
That’s why I wanted to make this Cajun recipe in the slow cooker. When cooking beef in the slow cooker all day, the beef is very tender. And tender beef is important to pot roast!
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed tomatoes in puree
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs chuck roast, lean, trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 potatoes, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Add tomatoes, stock, thyme, basil, red pepper flakes, brown sugar, and bay leaf to the slow cooker set on high; mix well.
- Mix cayenne, black pepper, and salt.
- Rub well into the roast.
- Heat a cast iron pan, add oil and brown meat on all sides.
- Add beef to the slow cooker. Sauté the vegetables in the drippings until tender.
- Add flour and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Cover, reduce heat on the slow cooker to low, and cook 6-7 hours.
- Serve it up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 141mgSodium: 306mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 45g