I am in Pittsburgh with my family for a week because of work. Let say it easier to stay with them, then drive an hour and a half each day. Plus it nice spending a week with them when not a vacation! With this winter weather, I came in on Friday night. Saturday, thanks to Facebook, I posted about coming home on it, I ended up meeting people I went to high school with. I have not seen these people in 20 years. It was interesting the little lunch date I had with them.
How we change as we get older. The stories and views we had then. I learned about some tragedies that have happened to some of our former class mates, how a 10 year reunion, I had no knowledge of, was very ill put together by what was the “click” in high school, and one person who only went school till 10th grade, had at a bar and was just not well planned at all. So I guess I didn’t miss much by what they were saying. It did inspire me that maybe about putting together something that would be a 20 year reunion. So if you graduated in 1994 from South Fayette High School, send me a message! Let’s see about putting together a nice shindig for a 20 year reunion!
I admit, I love seafood. I probably have more seafood meat dishes then I do any other meat dish. Salmon, is one my favorite fishes I like to make recipes with. Plus, February is heart healthy month, and salmon is very good for your heart. I am on the healthy kick, and I am trying to include more healthy recipes, at least that is a goal of mine.
I was inspired to do these pinwheels when I saw at the grocery store a version of these. I liked the idea of doing a stuffing and then roll the salmon up, then cook it. They turned out very good, and actually gives me ideas on different stuffings I can make with these.
Salmon and Feta Pinwheel Salmon is a Mediterranean inspired salmon recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion about half a small onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups chopped spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup feta
- 1 lb salmon fillet skinned and pin bones removed
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook until tender but not browned. Stir in garlic and chopped spinach, salt and pepper. Cook until spinach just starts to wilt. About 3 minute.
- Remove from heat.Add the lemon zest, cream cheese, and feta. Mix everything up well.
- Spread mixture evenly over salmon fillets. Roll up gently and secure with toothpicks or twine.
- Place salmon on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake at 375 F for about 15-20 minutes, or until fish is cooked through.
- Transfer to a cutting board and cool for 10 minutes before slicing into pinwheels. Then serve it up and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 487kcal Calories from fat 351|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 39g||60%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||80%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|