I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
[intro]Citrus Salmon Stir Fry is a healthy stir fry. This salmon stir fry combines citrus in a ginger sauce. The Asian flavor in this healthy stir fry is simply amazing.[/intro]
I love Asian flavor when comes to foods. One of my favorite foods that have Asian flavor is stir fry recipes. A good stir fry always satisfies me.
Healthy Stir Fry
I have been eating healthier since I joined the gym. A healthy stir fry is perfect to make after a workout at the gym. My usual go-to is a healthy shrimp stir fry with teriyaki. I wanted to make a healthy stir fry with a ginger sauce.
When I went to a restaurant at Disney World, I was served this stir fry with a ginger sauce. The flavor of that ginger sauce was amazing. I thought this would be great for a salmon stir fry.
Salmon Stir Fry
I wanted something to balance the ginger sauce on this salmon stir fry. So citrus came to mind. I knew citrus would be wonderful for salmon and it would compliment the ginger sauce as well. The end results on this Citrus Salmon Stir Fry was one yummy stir fry.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup ⁄2 onion (chopped)
- 1 cup ⁄2 orange juice (no pulp)
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 ⁄2 lemon (juice of)
- 1 teaspoon ⁄2 ginger (ground)
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 lb salmon filet (cut up into cubes)
- 1/4 lb snow peas
- 1 small zucchini (sliced)
- 8 baby carrots (sliced)
- 1 small onion (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1/4 cup bok choy (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- In a small saucepan, heat up the oil.
- Add onion and garlic to the skillet and cook just long enough for onions to become soft.
- Turn heat to high under skillet and add orange juice, lemon juice, lime juice, pineapple juice, honey, cilantro and ginger.
- Cook stirring frequently until sauce starts to thicken.
- Turn the heat down to a simmer and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Take the sauce off the heat and set aside.
- Heat up the sesame oil in a wok
- Add the veggies and salmon to the wok
- Constantly stirring, cook the contents in the wok until the salmon starts turning a light pink. About 5 minutes.
- Add a little bit of the sauce to the wok, continuing to keep stirring. The amount of sauce depends on how much you want to add.
- Let let stir fry cook for another minute then turn the heat off.
- Serve up the stir fry and ENJOY!
The left over sauce can be refrigerated up to a week
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 467Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 97mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 5gSugar: 29gProtein: 29g