Ranch Noodle Broth Bowl is a savory broth soup with udon noodles, mushrooms, onions, and zucchini. This ranch flavor broth bowl recipe is loosely based on the broth bowls from Panera. If you like a ranch recipe, then you will love this broth bowl!
Give me a ranch recipe any day!. Pittsburghers love ranch flavored anything. WHy? Not quite sure, but it is true, ranch dressing added to anything is a Pittsburgh thing!
Broth Bowls Panera
Have you ever had a broth bowl from Panera? A broth bowl is mostly a homemade broth with noodles and vegetables. AT least that is what the Panera Browth bowl is.
What is the difference between a broth soup and a broth bowl? Not much actually. The main difference is a broth soup has more broth where a broth bowl is more noodles.
So think broth bowl recipes as the chunky broth soup. Plus a broth bowl is slurpy I think. You use the really long noodles in broth bowl recipes.
I am on a budget right now. Why? Because I just did a huge cross-country move to Florida. That was how this Ranch Noodle Broth Bowl came about, I needed to make budget recipes.
I was looking around my pantry and I saw some udon noodles. Recently I had one those broth noodle bowls from Panera and thought I could make a budget broth bowl recipe.
I saw the envelope of ranch dressing in my pantry. Then it hit me, I could make a broth bowl to give it ranch flavor with udon noodles!
The Ranch Noodle Broth Bowl came out amazing. I used what I have in my cabinets, and I end up with a broth bowl recipe that is made with ranch seasoning. It was great and perfect for anyone on a budget, like me!
- 1 envelope ranch dressing
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1 2% cup milk
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 package of Udon Noodles
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sliced green onion for garnish
- In a pot melt the butter and saute the mushrooms, onions, garlic, and zucchini till the onions are clear.
- Next add the ranch seasonings and milks. Mix it up well.
- Add the udon noodles and let the soup come to a simmer.
- Add in the cheese and let that melt into the broth and continue to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Give a final stir, add in the shrimp, chicken or steak if you want to add it.
- Ladle into a bowl and ENJOY!
To make buttermilk add 1 tablespoon to 1 cup of milk, let sit for about 5 minutes, you got buttermilk!
- Cuisinart 719-16 Chef's Classic Stainless Saucepan with Cover, 1 1/2 Quart
- OXO Good Grips Stainless Steel Ladle
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 837 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 64mg Sodium: 816mg Carbohydrates: 116g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 20g Protein: 37g