Pumpkin week continues! So far I am enjoying all the pumpkin recipes for pumpkin week, are you? LoveandConfections.com has done a wonderful job of putting together this pumpkin extravaganza. Seeing all the pumpkin recipes from the various bloggers have really inspired me on a creative level for recipes.
What Is Dump Cake
What is dump cake? Honestly, I didn’t know for the longest time. I kept hearing Oh this a dump cake recipe when I ask various people about a dessert they brought in for potlucks.
Finally, I had to google what is dump cake? I found out dump cake is exactly what the name implies:
- Dump everything into a pan and bake. That is what a dump cake is.
Recipe For Pumpkin Dump Cake
Since pumpkin week is all pumpkin recipes, why not make n easy pumpkin dump cake? So I decided to tinker with an easy pumpkin dump cake. After all dump cake recipes are the simplest cake recipes you cake you can make!
Pumpkin Dump Cake With Yellow Cake Mix
Now, I admit I have never made a dump cake before. This Pumpkin Dump Cake is my first one! I am a fan of old church cookbooks, in one was a pumpkin dump cake with yellow cake mix. This was exactly what I was looking for, an easy pumpkin dump cake!
Pumpkin Dump Cake
I have found some really great recipes in those old church cookbooks. So finding that dump cake recipe was great. Plus since it was pumpkin dump cake, perfect for pumpkin week.
Dump Cake Recipe
What I loved about this dump cake recipe was yes it is like a cake, but also like a pudding in a way. It was like a pumpkin pie pudding that you bake.
For This Recipe You Will Need
Wilton Recipe Right Non-Stick 9 x 13-Inch Pan Affiliate Link
Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake
This pumpkin dump cake is really wonderful. You will love it. Now I know why, after making this Pumpkin Dump Cake why so many love making dump cake recipes. It really is easy pumpkin dump cake!
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter, melted
- Beat the pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and eggs together.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cake mix evenly over your mixture.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans on top.
- Finally, evenly drizzle the butter on top of this mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for one hour.
- Take out the oven, let it cool. Serve it up and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 561 Total Fat: 32g Saturated Fat: 15g Trans Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 107mg Sodium: 433mg Carbohydrates: 64g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 39g Protein: 8g