Pumpkin Crunch Bars are better than pumpkin pie. The shortbread crust has a touch of ground pecans in it for that crunch factor. One bite of this pumpkin crunch recipe and you will be in love.
Pumpkin Crunch Bars
I have a love-hate relationship with pumpkin. I love pumpkin pie, pumpkin rolls, and of course pumpkin crunch bars. When comes to pumpkin spiced lattes, I do not like them.
I rather have plain coffee and have pumpkin crunch bars with it than drink pumpkin flavored coffee. That is just me. I love to eat something pumpkin than drink it.
I first had pumpkin crunch at the annual Halloween party my friend throws. Her sister in law made these amazing pumpkin crunch bars. Of course, I had to have that pumpkin recipe.
Recipe For Pumpkin Crunch
Of course, she gave me the recipe for pumpkin crunch. Like all recipes, I did a little tinkering with it so it would be my recipe for pumpkin crunch. After all, that is what recipe development is.
Pumpkin Pie Squares with Shortbread Crust
Layer bars like this Pumpkin Crunch Bars might be intimidating because it is a 2 step baking process. The secret to doing pumpkin crunch recipe like this is simple, take your time. These pumpkin pie squares with shortbread crust are actually easy, but it is a 2 step baking process.
The pecans in the shortbread crust just give the crunch in this recipe for pumpkin crunch. That is what makes these pumpkin crunch bars irresistible.
Pumpkin Crunch Recipe
This pumpkin crunch recipe is pumpkin layer topped with a cream cheese drizzle. These Pumpkin Crunch Bars won’t last long. They are simply irresistible. They are better than pumpkin pie.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
Cream Cheese Drizzle:
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup of sugar, ground nuts, and flour
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, salt, spices and 1 1/2 c sugar.
- Stir in milk and pour over crust.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake for 50 to 55 minutes more or until filling is set.
- Cool on wire rack, then cover and refrigerate.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Place a metal bowl on the top the pot and add the white chocolate chips to bowl
- Add the cream cheese frosting to the bowl
- keep mixing until the ever thing is melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the cream cheese drizzle over the bars when they are cooled.
- Cut the bars up and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0 Total Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 0mg Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 0g Protein: 0g