I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Pumpkin Crunch Bars is a wonderful pumpkin dessert recipe. These pumpkin pie bars have a shortbread crust. A touch of ground pecans is added in for a recipe for pumpkin crunch!
Pumpkin dessert recipes
I have a love-hate relationship with pumpkin. I love pumpkin dessert recipes like pumpkin pie and pumpkin rolls. However, when comes to pumpkin spiced lattes, I do not like them.
I rather have plain coffee and pumpkin dessert recipes to enjoy. That is just me, I love to eat something pumpkin than drink it.
Recipe for pumpkin crunch
I first had a recipe for pumpkin crunch at the annual Halloween party my friend throws. Her sister in law made these amazing pumpkin crunch bars. Of course, I had to have that pumpkin recipe.
It was more than just pumpkin pie bars. There was a shortbread crust in this recipe for pumpkin crunch. It really made for a great pumpkin dessert recipe.
Layer bars like this pumpkin pie bars might be intimidating because it is a 2 step baking process. You need to bake the shortbread crust first to firm it up so you can add the pumpkin layer.
The pecans in the shortbread crust just give the crunch in this recipe for pumpkin crunch. That is what makes these pumpkin crunch bars irresistible.
Pumpkin pie bars
These pumpkin pie bars are topped with a cream cheese drizzle. These Pumpkin Crunch Bars won’t last long. They are simply irresistible.
The secret to doing these pumpkin pie bars like this is simple, take your time. These pumpkin pie squares with shortbread crust are actually easy.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup ground pecans
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
Cream Cheese Drizzle:
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese frosting
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup of sugar, ground nuts, and flour
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Press into ungreased 13x9 baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, salt, spices and 1 1/2 c sugar.
- Stir in milk and pour over crust.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350° and bake for 50 to 55 minutes more or until filling is set.
- Cool on wire rack, then cover and refrigerate.
Cream Cheese Drizzle
- Bring a pot of water to a boil.
- Place a metal bowl on the top the pot and add the white chocolate chips to bowl
- Add the cream cheese frosting to the bowl
- keep mixing until the ever thing is melted and smooth.
- Drizzle the cream cheese drizzle over the bars when they are cooled.
- Cut the bars up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 352Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 282mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 5g