I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Shortbread Bars are a combination of a shortbread pastry with a recipe for peanut butter bars. You will love how simple this shortbread pastry is. Plus it is also a peanut butter recipe with chocolate, what more can you ask for?
Recipe For Peanut Butter Bars
This recipe for peanut butter bars came about because I was simply craving peanut butter. However, I did not want to make peanut butter bars with chocolate. I wanted to use chocolate chips in this shortbread pastry.
I love shortbread cookies. Give me a shortbread pastry with a cup of tea and I am very happy. Mostly shortbread recipes are butter or pecan shortbread.
What if you could make a shortbread pastry that is peanut butter flavored? That is how these Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Shortbreads came into play.
Peanut Butter Bars With Chocolate
I like to bake to relieve stress. Beating eggs, and creaming butter, truly does help with stress for me. Plus these peanut butter bars with chocolate are simply delish! The marriage of a recipe for peanut butter bars with shortbread pastry really works in this peanut butter bars recipe.
Chocolate Chip Bars
Think the best part of these shortbread bars is that they are also chocolate chip bars. This cookie bar recipe really is a wonderful combination of three things:
- chocolate chip bars
- shortbread pastry
- peanut butter bars
Can baking get any more yummy? This one cookie bar recipe that is truly unique!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Cream butter and peanut butter at medium speed with mixer till creamy. Then gradually add sugar, mix it well. Then add the vanilla
- Combine flour and salt, gradually add to butter mixture, make sure you beat at low speed till blended. Then add the chocolate chips
- Spread the dough into a grease brownie bar pan. Which about 8 inches long normally. If want more, or do not have this size, double the recipe.
- Bake at 275 for 45 minutes until they are nice golden brown. Take out let cool, slice them up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 12gProtein: 5g