Easy Brownies is exactly what it is. These are the easiest homemade one bowl brownies that you will love to make.
Updated Post 1/11/17
I decided to redo this original post from May of 2013. Why? Well, I have grown so much since this post was written. my photography skills alone have gotten so much better since the days of I first started Seduction in the Kitchen.
That was my original photo. Yes, I have certainly have grown as a photographer. I remember taking that photo and thinking I did such an amazing job on it. I used my iPhone 4 to take it.
Now I use a DSRL camera and learned how to edit properly. I am the type of person I have to learn as I go along. That was what this journey for food photos was, I learned as I went along.
Easy Brownie Video
So my next goal of learning is video. The first few videos I have done, I am realized I am mirroring my photography steps. What do I mean? I mean I was shooting them on my iPhone. You can see those videos on my YouTube channel. You will see, they are dark. I need better lighting.
On the advice of other food bloggers, I used for this video my DSRL camera. It did work better. I know I have ways to go in video recipes. I am getting there. I want my videos to be a little different. Most the videos I see they all look the same. So we will see where this video journey takes me.
When I first did this recipe for these Easy brownies back in 2013. I was in a cast. I could not drive. So I made them as a thank you to a friend who took me to the store. In the original post, that was what I wrote about. I was able to get to the store.
Since then, I have made these brownies several times. I have improved the recipe. I have actually updated a little with the addition of sour cream in the brownie. The sour cream makes the brownie a tad moister
So I hope you enjoy this updated recipe. Plus, enjoy seeing my evolution of my photography. Most of all enjoy my beginnings of food videos.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon butter extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- Combine the oil and sugar in a bowl and mix it till it is combined.
- Add the egg and extracts after you blended the oil into the sugar, mix them in well.
- Add in the sour cream, and blend everything together.
- Next, add the cocoa to the sugar mixture.
- Add in the flour and chocolate chips. If you do not have self-rising flour, use all purpose, but add 1/4 ts of baking powder and 1/4 ts of salt to it. Then mix it until all just combined.
- Preheat your oven to 350, pour the batter into a well-greased pan.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Finally, take them out the oven, let them cool, cut them up, and ENJOY
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 325