I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
These homemade easy brownies are a simple one-bowl brownie recipe! This brownie recipe with oil is the perfect brownie recipe for anyone that doesn’t know how to bake. If you want brownies from scratch, then these easy brownies are perfect for you to make!
Brownies From Scratch
There is nothing like brownies from scratch! Sure box mix brownies are nice but homemade easy brownies just have that wow factor to them!
When I first did this recipe for these Easy brownies back in 2013. I was in a cast. I could not drive. So I had to make brownies from scratch as a thank you to a friend who took me to the store.
Since then, I have made these easy brownies several times. I have improved this brownies recipe with oil. I have actually updated these homemade easy brownies with the addition of sour cream in the brownie. The sour cream makes the brownie recipe a tad moister.
Brownies Recipe With Oil
What makes this recipe so easy is that it’s brownies recipe with oil. Why does that matter? A brownies recipe with oil means no melting of butter. Plus you can make these brownies from scratch healthier by substituting coconut oil!
Homemade Easy Brownies
As I mentioned earlier, these homemade easy brownies actually came to be because I was in a cast and not able to go to the store to buy a boxed brownie recipe. So I had to come up with homemade easy brownies with what I had in my pantry.
With that being said, anyone can make these brownies from scratch. Even the non-bakers can bake up these easy brownies! You will love this brownies recipe with oil!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon butter extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- Combine the oil and sugar in a bowl and mix it till it is combined.
- Add the egg and extracts after you blended the oil into the sugar, mix them in well.
- Add in the sour cream, and blend everything together.
- Next, add the cocoa to the sugar mixture.
- Add in the flour and chocolate chips. If you do not have self-rising flour, use all purpose, but add 1/4 ts of baking powder and 1/4 ts of salt to it. Then mix it until all just combined.
- Preheat your oven to 350, pour the batter into a well-greased pan.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes.
- Finally, take them out the oven, let them cool, cut them up, and ENJOY
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g