Honey Roasted Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie is a healthy and delicious smoothie that you will love after a great workout! The honey roasted strawberries just make this smoothie pop with flavor. Best of all, it has no added sugar in it!
I admit I have been in a blogging funk. This post for this Honey Roasted Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie has helped rejuvenate me. Why? Well, it was a cool blogging thing I am in called FREAKY FRIDAY! Michaela from An Affair From The Heart came up with this concept where you go to another food blogger’s website and make their recipe. It is a great concept.
How did this rejuvenate me? Honestly, it because felt in a rut. My website was hacked last week, then guess who ended up in good ole Facebook jail again for posting too much and liking too many posts in groups. As a food blogger, you go through periods of up and down. I was at a down spot with this. It was like, “can’t blogging just go right without issues, please,” type of moment.
Full Belly Sisters
So who did I get assigned to in the Freaky Friday Spring addition? Full Belly Sisters. Justine’s blog actually inspired me more than she knows. She is more of a healthier food blogger than me. I mean, I put pierogies in meatloaf as in the famous Pierogie Stuffed Meatloaf. Full Beely sisters have recipes like:
- CHOCOLATE BARK GRAHAMS
- CHERRY BERRY COCONUT ALMOND SMOOTHIE BOWL
- EXTRA CRISPY TORTILLA PIZZA W. GRILLED CHICKEN
- CRANBERRY PECAN GREEK YOGURT CHICKEN SALAD
I have been saying for awhile I wanted to add more healthy recipes to Seduction in the Kitchen. Being assigned Full Belly Sisters really inspired me to do a healthy recipe. A smoothie one to boot! I do not have any smoothies on here at all.
Honey Roasted Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
When I was looking to see what recipe would inspire me. I saw this Honey Roasted Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie. It called out to me, “make me, make me.” Cheesecake is one of my weaknesses. I recently got an Apple Watch so I can track my workouts better. So I can live a healthier lifestyle. This smoothie is perfect.
Plus as a bonus, it inspired me to do a video as well, backdrop as you saw at the top this post. I have not created a new recipe video in a few weeks. As a bonus. I used a new backdrop in it and the photos and found out I really love backdrop. It makes the photos and video look so nice!
So yes! Fully Belly Sisters and Freaky Friday really rejuvenated me in more ways than anyone can imagine. It is all good and great and so happy about it. As I always say, everything happens for a reason. I just got an invite to share a recipe with RecipeLion.com. It is amazing how one small thing can really make a difference to someone, like this.
Are you ready to see the rest of the Freaky Friday Recipes? Here you go!
An Affair from the Heart – Easy Homemade Refried Beans
Take Two Tapas – Pineapple Hummus with Smoked Paprika
LeMoine Family Kitchen – Sausage Hash Brown Nests
Full Belly Sisters – Blueberry Dutchbaby
Who Needs a Cape? – French Onion Salisbury Steak
Plattertalk – Lemon Loaf Cake
Hostess at Heart – Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
Life Currents – Blue Cheese, Fig, and Caramelized Onion Palmiers
Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Baked Lemon Glazed Donuts
Bowl Me Over – Southwest Chicken Salad Bowl
A Dish of Daily Life – Chicken Carbonara Pasta
Aunt Bee’s Recipes – Summer Corn Salsa
A Kitchen Hoors Adventures – Bourbon Banana Bread
Seduction in the Kitchen – Honey Roasted Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie
- 8 ounces strawberries , hulled and quartered
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- additional honey , to taste (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl place the strawberry quarter in it and drizzle with honey and toss to coat them.
- Spread strawberries in a single layer on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet.
- Roast strawberries for about 15 minutes until slightly caramelized and a bit shriveled. Let them cool.
- Place cooled berries, yogurt, ricotta, milk, vanilla, lemon zest, and salt into your blender.
- Blend until creamy. Add ice and blend again until smooth and frothy. Taste and add honey, if desired.
- Garnish with a drizzle of honey, then Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 189 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 32mg Sodium: 140mg Carbohydrates: 20g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 16g Protein: 9g
Check out these recipes:
- Roasted Garlic and Basil Dip: A Savory Dip For Your Next Party
- Mango Chutney: Sweet and Spicy And Just Right To Spread On A Biscuit
- Marinated Olives With Red Wine Vinaigrette