Grilled Vegetables Orzo Salad With Lemon Dijon Dressing is a great way to use up leftover grilled vegetables. The orzo salad dressing is the main star of this grilled salad recipe. The lemon dijon dressing is full of lemon flavor and is wonderful for a summer picnic.
Orzo Salad Recipes
Confession time, I never tried orzo before. That was until a co-worker made an orzo salad recipe and wanted me to try it. I thought that orzo was rice, imagine my surprise to find it was actually a pasta.
Anyway, her orzo salad was amazing. After trying it, I decided to research orzo salad recipes, what I found is that this little rice like pasta is very versatile.
Orzo Salad Dressing
I like to try different things to create recipes. At one point, I would not climb out my comfort zone, to venture and try new food items. Growing up the most exotic pasta was a lasagna. So had you asked me 10 years ago to make an orzo salad dressing, I would have looked at you like you were crazy.
Now, I love making homemade salad dressings. For this orzo salad dressing, I went with a lemon dijon dressing. I love how lemon and Dijon taste when comes together.
Grilled Vegetables Orzo Salad With Lemon Dijon Dressing
I have been on a salad kick lately. I love salads in the summertime. I had grilled up some veggies and wanted to make a salad with these leftover grilled veggies.
Orzo pasta seems to be perfect to make this orzo lemon salad. This lemon orzo salad has a nice Mediterranean taste to it. The combo of the lemon dressing with grilled veggies and the orzo is just a wonderful. I could eat this entire bowl of grilled veggie salad!
A great way to use up leftover grilled vegetables is to put in a salad. This salad is full of flavor and is wonderful for a summer picnic. A recipe from Seduction in The Kitchen.
- 3 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 clove garlic (finely minced)
- 9 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 box of Orzo (cooked)
- mixed grilled veggies: yellow squash (zucchini, red and green peppers, onions, chopped)
- 4 oz sliced black olives (drained)
- Cook the orzo according to the package and drain it.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice,mustard,pepper, salt and garlic.
- Slowly whisk in the oil, whisk until you can see it has fused and is slightly thicker. Set it aside.
- In another bowl, add the orzo, veggies, and black olives. Mix together so everything is mixed well.
- Pour the dressing over the orzo mixture and toss it again so it is well covered through out with dressing.
- Serve it up and ENJOY!
- Calories: 280
Keywords: grilled, vegetables, lemon, dijon, salad