Bourbon Glazed Surf and Turf Kebabs
These Bourbon Glazed Surf and Turf Kebabs have a combination of salmon, shrimp, and steak in a savory bourbon glaze.
I have exciting news! I finally got a new camera!! Yes I got the DSRL camera! QVC had a TSV camera bundle for a Canon T5 Rebel and they finally said yes that I showed a good payment history and was no longer a new customer, that I could get it on the easy pay! It is a lot to learn with this new camera, but I am practicing with it. To show you, I am updating some the old recipes with new photos, I have done two so far. Doing this it helps me practice all the bells and whistles on this camera. Here are the recipes I updated using the new camera:
I am in love with the new camera. I see a big difference now over what my digital camera did. I still have a lot of photos in my folder for recipes, so the recipes from this point will be mixed with the old digital and the new camera shots. I am going to slowly update some the really old photos, I shot those with an iPhone. They are great recipes, just bad photos, this too will breathe some new life in those recipes.
So my Parade magazine posting update, here are the latest I did for them, you can click on the collage and be taken to see the recipes:
Now that warm weather is here, grilling is king. The easiest thing to make on the grill, in my opinion, is kebabs. I love kebabs from seafood to beef. the sweetness of grilled veggies to the marinated pieces of meat. Yes, kebabs are just simply wonderful.
As I was going through my site, making tweaks to it, I realized I really do not have grill recipes, the only one I really have is Persian Kebabs With Saffron Butter. I don’t have the grill recipes like I should, two thoughts came to mind, pizza and of course the kebabs. Pizza one I am playing around with, because I want to do something different for grilled pizza, but the kebabs, I went surf and turf with. I love seafood, and I love meat, so why not! I recently went with a friend to Quaker Steak and Lube for dinner, they had a bourbon glazed burger, that was the inspiration for the marinade for this recipe. It is perfect for land and sea recipes, which is what these kebabs have.
These kebabs have a combination of salmon, shrimp, and steak in a savory bourbon glaze. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
- 1 lb Salmon steak cubed
- 1/2 lb medium raw shrimp peeled, deveined
- 1/2 lb angus beef steak kebab, cubes
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 1 bell pepper, thickly cut (red or green)
- 6 oz whole mushrooms
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ⁄2 pepper
- Mix together all the ingredients for the bourbon glaze, reserve about a 1/4 of a cup of it for basting.
- Put the salmon, beef, and shrimp into a ziplock bag, and pour the remaining glaze over them in the bag. Let sit in the refrigerator for an hour.
- After an hour, start to thread your kebab skewers, alternate the meats with the cup up veggies and mushrooms.
- Light your grill, and grill the kebabs, after about 2 minutes on the grill, flip them and brush the kebabs with the reserved glaze.
- Flip them again after 2 minutes and again brush on the glaze.
- Do that until the the kebabs are done. The shrimp will be a pink, the salmon will flake and the beef grill till your desired likeness, I like medium well, so about 8 minutes on the grill.
- Take off the grill and serve and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 509kcal Calories from fat 155|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 17g||26%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|