These Bourbon Glazed Surf and Turf Kebabs have salmon, shrimp, and steak in a savory bourbon glaze. You will love how simple these shrimp and steak kabobs are to grill up. Plus the bourbon glaze is to die for!
Steak and Shrimp Kabobs
I love to grill. One food I love to grill up is kebab recipes. My favorite kabob recipe always seems to be steak and shrimp kabobs.
Surf and Turf Recipes
Steak and shrimp are also called surf and turf. Because one protein is from the ocean and the other is from the land. That was how my mom explained what surf and turf to me.
I always had a soft spot for surf and turf recipes. For me personally, it gives me a variety that I do not have to choose, do I want steak or do I want shrimp. If I see surf and turf recipes on a menu, I will 90% of the time choose it.
I recently went with a friend to a local restaurant for dinner. On the menu was this bourbon glaze burger. That bourbon glaze really made the burger pop with incredible flavor.
That bourbon glaze inspiration for the marinade for a bourbon glazed salmon recipe. The more I thought about it, I decided I wanted to use the bourbon glaze on a surf and turf recipe. That sweet, tangy bourbon glaze recipe is perfect for land and sea recipes.
Bourbon Glazed Surf and Turf Kebabs
Another reason I wanted to create steak and shrimp recipes, I realized I really do not have grill recipes. So surf and turf kabobs would be perfect for the grill recipes. I mean can you not just love a grilled bourbon shrimp?
When I made these Bourbon Glazed Surf and Turf Kebabs, my taste buds were seduced. This steak and shrimp recipe is just a perfect combination of yumminess. Then to have all topped off with the bourbon glaze, Oh it is a meat eater’s paradise from the grill.
- 1 lb Salmon steak (cubed)
- 1/2 lb medium raw shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- 1/2 lb angus beef steak kebab cubes
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 1 yellow squash (sliced)
- 1 red onion (quartered)
- 1 bell pepper (thickly cut (red or green))
- 6 oz whole mushrooms
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Bourbon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ⁄2 pepper
- Mix together all the ingredients for the bourbon glaze, reserve about a 1/4 of a cup of it for basting.
- Put the salmon, beef, and shrimp into a ziplock bag, and pour the remaining glaze over them in the bag. Let sit in the refrigerator for an hour.
- After an hour, start to thread your kebab skewers, alternate the meats with the cup up veggies and mushrooms.
- Light your grill, and grill the kebabs, after about 2 minutes on the grill, flip them and brush the kebabs with the reserved glaze.
- Flip them again after 2 minutes and again brush on the glaze.
- Do that until the the kebabs are done. The shrimp will be a pink, the salmon will flake and the beef grill till your desired likeness, I like medium well, so about 8 minutes on the grill.
- Take off the grill and serve and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410