P.M.S Craving Gourmet Chocolate Covered Pretzels is a woman’s best friend. It has the sweet, crunchy, salty, and of course, chocolate taste that we want.
4 Years Old
On May 18th, Seduction in the Kitchen officially turned 4 years old. It is hard to believe that the blog I started because I was bored, in a cast and on bedrest, while trying to impress a man, is now 4 years old.
I look at the first post, Garlic Herb Syrian Bread and can not believe how far it has come. From photography to even the writing, Seduction in the Kitchen really has evolved. Plus on a personal level, I can see how much I have grown as a woman.
Seduction may have started out as a way for me to keep entertain and also impress a guy I was interested in with my cooking skills. It also became therapy for me as well. I learned from writing in the real time as I called it, how to get confidence in myself.
P.M.S Craving Gourmet Chocolate Covered Pretzels
I wanted to make something sweet to celebrate the milestone of Seduction in the Kitchen. Well, yeah PMS kicked in. I really was craving chocolate.
I went to the store to see what I could make chocolate wise. The grocery store that is near me recently was remodeled. They have added many new things to it, including what they are calling: GOURMET CORNER.
Gourmet Corner? It is fancy confections they whip up. It has everything from popcorn to brownies. Well, they had some gourmet chocolate covered pretzels. Viola! Let’s make something I really would like.
Caramel, Coconut, Oh My!
I admit, when I want sweet I want sweet. I love caramel, I love chocolate. Let’s face it, a chocolate covered pretzel is the perfect P.M.S food. It has the chocolate, the crunch, the salt, and the sweet all wrapped up in one thing.
I know the excitement of the No Bake Caramel Delights being printed in Parade Magazine was on my mind. I really do like that caramel, coconut, chocolate combo. Besides the Caramel Delights, I have also done this combo in the Caramel Coconut Delight Bundt Cake.
So I decided let’s do a Caramel Coconut delight pretzel. Except, I think I have over done the word, delight. So as I was filming the video. I will be honest, PMS was really kicking in.
It was the last minute I decided I wanted some nuts in on the pretzels. One bit and oh the cravings I had was oh so satisfied. You know what, there was the name. Let’s call these chocolate covered pretzels what they are, P.M.S Craving Gourmet Chocolate Covered Pretzels.
P.M.S Craving Gourmet Chocolate Covered Pretzels is simple a woman's best friend. It has the sweet, crunchy, salty, and of course, chocolate taste that we want.
- 6 Sourdough Pretzels
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
- Melt the 12 oz bag of chocolate chips in a double boiler
- Dip the pretzels in the melted chocolate. Lay the dipped pretzels on a wax paper lined cookie sheet
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for about an hour so the pretzels can set up and harden.
- While the pretzels are setting up, in a small bowl, add the coconut and caramel. Mix it up well.
- Take the pretzels out the fridge, and place heaping tablespoons of the coconut mixture on top the chocolate covered pretzels.
- Melt the 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips in the double boiler. Then drizzle the chocolate over the coconut caramel mixture on top the pretzels.
- Finally, sprinkle the chopped nuts on top the melted chocolate.
- Let the pretzels set up once again in the fridge.
- Take them out the fridge and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300
This post was most recently updated