I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Crock Pot Apple Cider Corned Beef and Cabbage uses apple cider to tenderize and flavor corned beef brisket. . This slow cooker corned beef and cabbage are sweet and savory with the corned beef spices. This is your new crock pot corned beef recipe.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef and Cabbage
Who likes corn beef and cabbage? I know I do! I love making slow cooker corned beef and cabbage for a wonderful tender meal! Plus crock pot corned beef recipe is effortless too!
Corned Beef Brisket
We all have St Patrick Day traditions. After all, everyone is Irish on St Patty’s Day! My tradition is corned beef brisket.
Why? I love making a crock pot corned beef recipe so when I get home that corn beef and cabbage is ready to eat.
I am part Irish. If you could not tell by my fair complexion, reddish hair, and green eyes. Even though my family is Irish, we never had corned beef brisket or any other Irish recipes for that matter.
Since crockpot corned beef is a must in Cleveland, which is a huge Irish city. Irish recipes are a must in Cleveland! I now make corned beef in crock pot.
How To Cook Corned Beef Brisket In Slow Cooker
The secret to cooking corned beef brisket in a slow cooker is simple. It requires a liquid and some corned beef spices. What liquid will give this crockpot corned beef recipe a great flavor as it slow cooks?
Apple Cider Recipe
One liquid I love to cook with is apple cider. So making this corned beef and cabbage as an apple cider recipe was easy to do. The apple cider not only will tenderize the corned beef brisket but will also make the cabbage a sweet and savory taste!
Corned Beef Spices
One important thing in this slow cooker is corned beef and cabbage is the corned beef spices. That spice packet that comes with the corned beef brisket is what adds a savory taste to the apple cider recipe.
Instant Pot Corned Beef
Can you make this slow cooker corned beef recipe as Instant Pot Corned Beef? Yes, you can I have! Only I use the slow cooker option on the Instant Pot.
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 large onion (cut into quarters)
- 3 lbs corned beef brisket (with spices)
- 8 small red potatoes cut into quarters
- 1 pounds head cabbage (cored and cut into 10 wedges)
- 1 cup baby carrots
- Combine the apple cider, sugar, pepper, mustard, spice packet of the corned beef, and garlic, in a 6 qt crock pot and mix well.
- Place corned beef and onions in the mixture. Scatter the potatoes and carrots over the top and along the sides.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 4 hours.
- Remove the lid and scatter the cabbage wedges over the top.
- Cover and continue cooking on low 3-4 hours longer, or until beef is tender.
Apple juice is ok to juice if you can not find apple cider
**Note DO NOT USE apple cider vinegar, it is not the same as apple cider
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 570Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 144mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 4gSugar: 16gProtein: 43g