Crock Pot Salisbury Steak with a rich, tangy gravy that is made in the crock pot! A recipe from Seduction in The Kitchen.
You know how I am always talking about change and how it is good? Well, notice some changes on this blog? I had 2 scripts go down on me, it is a long story but there is a rogue code that is blocking the feed from showing my recent posts that these scripts need.
It became a back and forth game with trying to get help and figure out what happened. The main script I want up and running is the recipe index one. No one can give me a right answer as to why it stopped all the sudden. Google help forum said it because the script is the third party and to contact them. The third party says not them that on Google’s side. Someone said I had the wrong DNS, so I corrected it. Oh so frustrating.It makes no sense why one day it was working then the next not anymore. I didn’t do any changes when suddenly stopped working.
So, as I was trying to get these codes to work again, I started to look at my logo a little bit. I thought it looked, well dated. Well, in all honesty, I was thinking I may have to scrap this entire blog template, tear it down, and start over again because this coding issue. So I was looking at various templates for the just in case thing, plus I was debating if should move to WordPress and if I have an issue there like this.
Anyway, I was really was looking at those templates, studying them, I like the clean lines. My taste changes as I get older, like most peoples’, do as they get older. What I liked 10 years ago, style wise, I don’t like now. I have always like a Mediterranean look of some sort. Right now it less Tuscany and more Greek, that is the phase I am in. I don’t know what it is about Mediterranean, I really love all aspects of it from decor to food to well, men. I mean think about it, I was once married to Syrian man and how many times on here have I said I met an Egyptian guy or a Persian guy? I think I must be some type a Mediterranean in some past life the way I really like it, even though I have no trace of it in my blood.
So anyway, I know how to create a logo, so I decided let’s fool around see what I can come up with that I like. I knew I wanted a touch of blue, sat down with my laptop and opened up my various art programs and the first logo, no wasn’t right, so I did again and:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 ounce envelope dry onion soup mix 1
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ounce cans condensed cream of mushroom soup 10 3/4
- ounce cans condensed golden mushroom soup 10 3/4
- 1 ounce packet au jus mix 1
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup white wine optional
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 6 oz package of sliced mushrooms
- Mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs and the milk. The milk helps tenderize the beef, so it give that melt in your mouth taste.
- Next, shape the beef into patties, the lightly dredge them in the flour. Heat up the oil and brown the patties, about 2 minutes on each side.
- In the crock pot, add the can soups, au jus mix, water, wine, onions, and mushrooms, and mix it up. Place the patties into the gravy mixture, and put on low.
- Let cook for 4-6 hours, finally serve them up with a side of mash potatoes and ENJOY!