I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
[intro]Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak is made with a rich, tangy gravy that is made in the slow cooker and is perfect for a busy family dinner![/intro]
Updating Old Crockpot Salisbury Steak
[dropcap custom_class=”normal”] T [/dropcap]ime for a recipe post makeover. This time, it was this old crockpot Salisbury steak recipe. What inspired this recipe makeover was, well when someone asked me at work for a Salisbury steak recipe, and I went to print it off, it was screaming at me, I need to be updated!
It wasn’t the photo so much that needed to be updated, though was a bit small. In fact, you can see it is actually was a decent old photo:
The whole post talked about when I was on Blogger platform and how I might move to WordPress. The issues Blogger was giving me. Yeah, that content was outdated for sure.
Reposting old content as new
I have always said, I write in real time. Which is good, but as I have been having 1 older post a day repost as newer content, it gets a bit confusing. Example, some the very old posts, I was talking about when I was a cast for 3 months, showing photos of my healing and such in the cast.
I have had people writing that they hope I get better, even though that was in 2013 I was in that cast! The blog post got republish now, so it looks like I am in the cast this moment in time when I am really not. No plan is perfect, that was something did not consider, when I decided to do the automatic republish of older posts.
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak Recipe
Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak is made with a rich, tangy gravy that is made in the slow cooker and is perfect for a busy family dinner!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 oz) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz) condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (1 oz) packet au jus gravy mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 oz package sliced mushrooms
- Mix together the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs and the milk. The milk helps tenderize the beef, so it gives that melt in your mouth taste.
- Next, shape the beef into patties, then lightly dredge them in the flour. Heat up the oil and brown the patties, about 2 minutes on each side.
- In the slow cooker, add the can soups, au jus mix, water, onions, and mushrooms, and mix it up. Place the patties into the gravy mixture, and put the slow cooker on low.
- Let cook for 4-6 hours, finally serve them up with a side of mashed potatoes and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 581Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 1026mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 30g