I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Cranberry Turkey Melt is a great Thanksgiving essentials melt sandwich. This cranberry turkey sandwich is grilled up like a grilled cheese sandwich. You will love how easy it is to make this gourmet turkey melt!
What is a melt sandwich? A melt sandwich is a grilled cheese but with a filling like meat or vegetables. The most famous melt sandwich is the Frisco melt at Steak n Shake.
What if you could make a turkey melt that has the thanksgiving essentials? It would be like Thanksgiving in every bite! Plus because it is a turkey melt, this sandwich would be easy to make.
There are many Thanksgiving essentials you could use to make this turkey melt like:
- Mashed Potatoes
To put all those Thanksgiving essentials on a sandwich may not be the best idea. So let’s concentrate on cranberries, stuffing, and turkey for this turkey melt sandwich.
Cranberry turkey sandwich
I need to bring the Thanksgiving out in this cranberry turkey sandwich. The sliced turkey is easy but what cheese would be good on a cranberry turkey sandwich?
Swiss cheese! The flavor is perfect when melted and would complement turkey and cranberries very well. How do I get stuffing into this cranberry turkey sandwich?
Stuffing is bread, and you need bread in order to have a melt sandwich. So I need something that has herbs and would taste good on a swiss cheese cranberry turkey sandwich.
Herb mayonnaise was the answer. When I was at the store I saw an herb mayonnaise and realized that would be good for the stuffing portion of the thanksgiving essentials of this turkey melt.
Cranberry Turkey Melt is a great Thanksgiving essentials melt sandwich. This cranberry turkey sandwich is grilled up like a grilled cheese sandwich.
- 2 slices of thick bread
- 2 slices of Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 4 slices of sliced turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon herb mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon butter
- On one side of each slice of bread, smear a little bit of soft butter.
- On one slice of bread, spread on the non-butter side, the cranberry sauce.
- On the other slice of bread, spread the herb mayonnaise on its non-butter side.
- Next, melt the tablespoon of butter in a skillet.
- Place the butter side down of cranberry slice of bread into the skillet.
- Place a slice of swiss cheese, the turkey, another slice of cheese, and finally, top with mayo side down on the sandwich.
- Press the sandwich down and let the sandwich cook for about a minute.
- Flip the sandwich, pressing down, and cook an additional minute. Making sure the cheese is melted.
- Take off the heat and ENJOY!
You can use a panini press to make this sandwich instead of frying in butter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 782Total Fat: 45gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 2105mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 3gSugar: 20gProtein: 39g