Classic Sausage and peppers made in the slow cooker, it is an old world recipe made for 21st century. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
I got David Bowie’s song, “Changes” playing on my iPod. I’m singing away with the song as it plays, in my T-shirt and night shorts. Why? Well, why not? No one is around to hear how badly I am singing off-key. Back in high school, I was in chorus, but to hear me sing now, you would not believe it.
Sometimes you got just have to let go and sing a song off-key in your bedtime clothes. You got to let loose and be who you are, even if no one is watching. Time to do as this song says and make “changes.” Relax and let loose!
I have stressed about everything, how people see me, how I act, will they like me. Stress that well has gotten me nowhere. So maybe need to relax and let go. Be happy, be a little carefree, who cares what they think and just breathe and live life. Yeah, that song “changes” is a great song and great anthem to be singing and dancing to.
I have had a lot of stress and worry over things I can’t change. Most people are like me, we stress and worry about things that truthfully we have no control over. The need to just let it go is there. So it why I said, just need to let go, be carefree, and relax.
One of the things, I just need to let go and just do it is video. I have been talking about doing a video for a while, but I think I might have a solution to ease into it. Let me know what you think of these videos I made:
If you like the style of these, maybe I can do something cool and entertaining like epic Pinterest fails. 2 of the videos are dining reviews, I like to add a page of the dining around Cleveland here on Seduction. There is a lot I can do with a video. Just need to just go for it.
Love Seduction in the Kitchen recipes? Follow me on Facebook and Instagram! Don’t want miss a recipe? Signup for my monthly newsletter with all the recipes posted in last month!
My family, they like making hot sausage and meatballs. My mom starts in the morning, it in the slow cooker all day and you can eat when you want. It a normal weekend meal in my home. My family does use a bottled sauce in making their hot sausage and meatballs. I like making homemade sauce. So we do differ in this area.
Many of my patients know I have this food blog, in fact, a few are fans of it. So sometimes I do get recipes off of them. One my patients are 100% Italian, in fact, he was born in Italy, then came over to the US. One day we were talking about sausage and peppers. He gave me his family’s recipe for this classic dish. I modernized it from making it on the stovetop to making it in a slow cooker. I have to say this is such a simple recipe, but it is the best peppers and sausage sandwich I have ever had.
- 1 cup ⁄4 extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion sliced
- 2 red bell peppers cored,seeded and sliced
- 2 green bell peppers cored,seeded and sliced
- 4 hot Italian sausages
- 4 italian sweet sausage
- 1 28 oz canned crushed Italian plum tomato with garlic
- 1 1 cups ⁄2 chianti wine
- 1/4 dried oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 sausage rolls
- 16 slices of provolone cheese
- Heat up the oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add the garlic, onion and peppers to the skillet and cook, stirring as needed, until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausages, and cook about 4 minutes more until sausages begin to brown.
- In a slow cooker add the tomatoes, chianti wine, salt, pepper, and oregano. Mix it together.
- Add the sausage and peppers to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for about 6-8 hours.
- Open up a sausage roll, place 2 slices of provolone on the roll.
- Add a sausage and some the peppers to the sandwich.
- Serve up the sandwiches and ENJOY!