Classic Cut Out Sugar Cookies, they are the main essential cookie to make for the holidays. This recipe is easy and timeless to make.
Christmas Is Coming
Christmas is coming! I have my annual Christmas party this week. Normally I do these cute gift bags for my guests, but this year I have had issues with my mail. I have been working out-of-town for my job for 3 days a week, so I been putting my mail on hold while I am out-of-town.
Why am I doing that? Well, I had a few packages get delivered and someone stole them. Yes, they were items for the gift bags. All is not lost, I decided to do something a little more heartfelt homemade cookies. I am doing some nice goodie bags this year for the party.
Classic Cut Out Sugar Cookies
When I came to this idea, at first I thought 12 days of Christmas cookies for recipe posts here on Seduction in the Kitchen. Well with all this travel I have to do, I realized that would not work. Still, I want to do some cookie posts, just not going to do the 12. I admit I do love making Christmas cookies, so I am looking forward to seeing my friends faces when I give them these goodie bags at the party.
With all the baking I will be doing, I actually got a Cookeezi Citrus Juice Press to review. This is perfect! I use lots of fresh lemon juice in many recipes. Bottom line I love this kitchen gadget! I get more juice out the fruits with it then I have with a plastic twisty juicer.
So how about a timeless Classic Cut Out Sugar Cookies? Every Christmas cookie tray has them. They are fun to decorate.
Kids love cutting out the shapes of sugar cookies. I love the buttery richness of these Classic Cut Out Sugar Cookies. I finally figured out the secret to the colored sugar and getting to have stay on the sugar cookies.
I put it on after they come out the oven. Of course, it doesn’t stay on. I finally asked someone I know that worked in a bakery to the secret. She told me: put the sugar on just before you pop them in the oven. The heat melts them slightly and the sugar stays on. Finally, I cracked the bakery secret of the Classic Cut Out Sugar Cookies.
Check out these recipes:
- Chocolate Ravioli Cookies #12DaysOfCookies
- Candied Cinnamon Swirls #12DaysOfCookies
- Almost A Nutter Butter Cookie
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- colored sprinkles
- Cream sugar and butter with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add egg and extracts and mix well.
- Sift the cream of tarter, baking soda, and flour together and stir into creamed mixture.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375º. and divide dough in half.
- Roll out on surface lightly dusted with confectioner's sugar.
- Cut with cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Sprinkle on the colored sugars onto the dough.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until cookies begin turning a light brown at the edges.
- Cool on a rack, then ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 27mg Sodium: 57mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 7g Protein: 2g