I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Classic Cut Out Sugar Cookies, they are the main essential cookie to make for the holidays. This recipe is easy and timeless to make.
Christmas Is Coming
Christmas is coming! I have my annual Christmas party this week. Normally I do these cute gift bags for my guests, but this year I have had issues with my mail. I have been working out-of-town for my job for 3 days a week, so I been putting my mail on hold while I am out-of-town.
Why am I doing that? Well, I had a few packages get delivered and someone stole them. Yes, they were items for the gift bags. All is not lost, I decided to do something a little more heartfelt homemade cookies. I am doing some nice goodie bags this year for the party.
Classic Cut Out Sugar Cookies
When I came to this idea, at first I thought 12 days of Christmas cookies for recipe posts here on Seduction in the Kitchen. Well with all this travel I have to do, I realized that would not work. Still, I want to do some cookie posts, just not going to do the 12. I admit I do love making Christmas cookies, so I am looking forward to seeing my friends faces when I give them these goodie bags at the party.
With all the baking I will be doing, I actually got a Cookeezi Citrus Juice Press to review. This is perfect! I use lots of fresh lemon juice in many recipes. Bottom line I love this kitchen gadget! I get more juice out the fruits with it then I have with a plastic twisty juicer.
So how about a timeless Classic Cut Out Sugar Cookies? Every Christmas cookie tray has them. They are fun to decorate.
Kids love cutting out the shapes of sugar cookies. I love the buttery richness of these Classic Cut Out Sugar Cookies. I finally figured out the secret to the colored sugar and getting to have stay on the sugar cookies.
I put it on after they come out the oven. Of course, it doesn’t stay on. I finally asked someone I know that worked in a bakery to the secret. She told me: put the sugar on just before you pop them in the oven. The heat melts them slightly and the sugar stays on. Finally, I cracked the bakery secret of the Classic Cut Out Sugar Cookies.
Check out these recipes:
- Chocolate Ravioli Cookies #12DaysOfCookies
- Candied Cinnamon Swirls #12DaysOfCookies
- Almost A Nutter Butter Cookie
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- colored sprinkles
- Cream sugar and butter with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add egg and extracts and mix well.
- Sift the cream of tarter, baking soda, and flour together and stir into creamed mixture.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375º. and divide dough in half.
- Roll out on surface lightly dusted with confectioner's sugar.
- Cut with cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheet
- Sprinkle on the colored sugars onto the dough.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, until cookies begin turning a light brown at the edges.
- Cool on a rack, then ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gCholesterol: 27mgSodium: 57mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g