Catalina Layered Taco Salad
I did it! I got my old leather couch and love seat down by the dumpster. The new set was on its way. Wait did I just say was? Yes, I did. In my “starting over new in my old apartment” I ran into a snag with the new furniture. The delivery men could not load the couch onto the elevator. It is very tall and bigger than my old couch. I was told I would need to pick a new set.
I broke down, to them and told them “this is my first weekend off in a month, I won’t get another Saturday off for another month to wait for a delivery. My old set was dragged over to the dumpster I can not retrieve it. I got nothing to sit on upstairs now.”
They felt so bad, they told to call the store right now talk to a woman named Christina and explain what was going on. So I went up to my apartment, called her. She said if I got down to the store now, I could get a set delivered today. I didn’t like anything else I told her, which I didn’t. I liked one thing but out my price range. She asked if the love seat fit, I told her they didn’t try, it was still on the truck. She said why didn’t I do 2 love seats because the love seat is a large one that would work. I thought about it and said yeah, that was a great idea.
So ran down to tell the guys, but they were gone! As I was coming back up to my apartment the store called they must have called the guys told them I was going to just take the love seat, but they admitted they left. So she had them turn around and deliver the love seat.
A layered taco salad with Catalina dressing makes for a great Mexican meal. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bag plain Doritos
- 1 4 oz can sliced black olives
- 1 ounce bottle Catalina dressing 16
- Brown your ground beef and add the taco seasoning to it. Make the taco meat according to the directions on the taco seasoning.
- Place a layer of the taco meat onto a plate.
- Crush the Doritos and then put a layer of the crushed Doritos on top the taco meat.
- Next layer on the lettuce.
- Add the tomatoes.
- The next layer is onions.
- Then the black olives.
- Finally the cheese on top.
- Squeeze the Catalina dressing on the very top. Usually 1/2 the bottle is good but you can use the whole bottle is desire.
- Then serve it up and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 458kcal Calories from fat 319|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 35g||54%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|