I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Catalina Layered Taco Salad is a Dorito taco salad. This layered taco salad has Catalina dressing on it to give it a nice bold flavor. You love making this taco salad with Catalina dressing for taco Tuesday!
Have you ever head of Catalina dressing? Catalina dressing is like a French dressing only it is thinner, sweeter and bolder. The first time I ever heard of this red colored salad dressing was as a taco salad dressing.
Taco salad with Catalina dressing
When I was a kid, my mother had a friend make a taco salad, but she would use a taco salad dressing on it. Her taco salad with Catalina dressing was amazing.
Layered Taco Salad
My mom’s taco salad recipe was actually a layered taco salad. It was simply layers of taco meat and topping all ontop of each other. There was something really good about that taco salad with Catalina dressing. That sweet tangy flavor of the Catalina dressing just brings out the taco flavor.
Dorito taco salad
I really wanted my mother’s friend’s taco salad recipe to stand out. Yes, that tangy dressing brings that wow factor to a layered taco salad. What about adding some Doritos? A Dorito taco salad puts a simple taco salad over the top! So I added as one the layers of the taco salad, Doritos!
If you want to impress people at a potluck or picnic make this Catalina dressing taco salad. Trust me you will get rave reviews. This Catalina taco salad is just that good!
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 bag plain Doritos
- 1 4 oz can sliced black olives
- 1 16 oz bottle Catalina dressing
- Brown your ground beef and add the taco seasoning to it. Make the taco meat according to the directions on the taco seasoning.
- Place a layer of the taco meat onto a plate.
- Crush the Doritos and then put a layer of the crushed Doritos on top the taco meat.
- Next layer on the lettuce.
- Add the tomatoes.
- The next layer is onions.
- Then the black olives.
- Finally the cheese on top.
- Squeeze the Catalina dressing on the very top. Usually 1/2 the bottle is good but you can use the whole bottle is desire.
- Then serve it up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 531mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 39g