Grandma’s Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is flaky biscuit casserole with country gravy and sausage. This breakfast casserole with gravy is all baked for pure comfort food. You will love this biscuit and gravy casserole recipe!
I teamed up with RecipeLion once again to bring you another great recipe! This time the recipe is from the executive producer for RecipeLion, Addie Gundry. She has a cookbook series which you can find on Amazon or Barns & Noble.
Family Favorite Casserole Recipes: 103 Comforting Breakfast Casseroles, Dinner Ideas, and Desserts Everyone Will Love
Addie Gundry has written a series of cookbooks, including this Family Favorite Casserole Recipes: 103 Comforting Breakfast Casseroles, Dinner Ideas, and Desserts Everyone Will Love one. There are so many great choices of recipes in this cookbook that it was hard to choose which one I would recreate for you. Finally, I settled on the Grandma’s Biscuits and Gravy Casserole.
This biscuit casserole and other casserole recipes can be found in the Family Favorite Casserole Recipes: 103 Comforting Breakfast Casseroles, Dinner Ideas, and Desserts Everyone Will Love cookbook on Amazon. If you like more casserole recipes check out RecipeLion’s Casserole Page as well! There are so many great recipes on it!
Grandma’s Biscuits and Gravy Casserole
Why the Grandma’s Biscuits and Gravy Casserole? Honestly, it was because I really love sausage and biscuits. To me, biscuit and gravy casserole recipe is a really great Sunday breakfast. A nice flaky biscuit casserole swimming in creamy country gravy and sausage is comfort food.
Breakfast Casserole With Biscuits and Gravy
Addie went a step further on this sausage gravy and biscuit recipe, she made it into a yummy breakfast casserole with biscuits. When I made this biscuit and sausage gravy casserole, I loved smelling this bake in my oven.
The combination of the sausage and the fresh biscuits just made my whole place smell so, well comforting. Then there is that country gravy. Wow, the homemade country gravy in this sausage gravy and biscuit recipe is simply YUM!
Biscuit and Gravy Casserole
Trust me when I say this biscuit and gravy casserole is simply amazing! Addie Gundry has really outdone herself with this breakfast casserole with gravy. This gravy biscuit casserole is one of my new favorite recipes to make for breakfast.
Grandma's Biscuits and Gravy Casserole is flaky, buttery biscuits drenched in a creamy sauce with sausage all baked up in a casserole.
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can flaky biscuits
- 8 ounces breakfast sausage
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F and spray a 7x11 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Separate and quarter the biscuits.
- Place half of the biscuit quarters on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake the dish for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the sausage in a skillet over medium heat until it is fully cooked.
- Remove the sausage from the skillet and drain the grease from it.
- Return the skillet to the heat, reducing it to low and melt the butter.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the milk, salt, pepper, and the cayenne.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until it thickens.
- Cut the sausage up into chunks and return it to the gravy.
- Give the gravy a nice stir.
- Pour the gravy mixture over the biscuits in the dish and layer the remaining biscuits on the top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top of the casserole is golden brown.
- Serve it up and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 508 Total Fat: 30g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 780mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 8g Protein: 16g