Swiss Cheese Hard Apple Ale Bread is a nice crusty bread. This simple bread recipe has a slightly sweet taste to this beer bread. This no yeast bread is wonderful warm with lots of butter.
Beer bread is very easy to make. Why is beer bread simple to make? because it is a no yeast bread. The “yeast” in this simple bread recipe is the beer, which helps it rise.
No Yeast Bread
I don’t drink beer, so making a no yeast bread with beer isn’t something I make all the time. However, I do like hard apple cider/ale. So I could make a simple bread recipe using the hard cider for a beer bread recipe.
Simple Bread Recipe
My thought in using the apple ale would make this simple bread recipe slightly sweet. I wanted to balance the sweetness with something. So I thought why not make it a cheese bread.
I know cheddar would be good to use in a cheese bread, but truthfully, I wanted different for this no yeast bread. Swiss cheese came to my mind. So let the experiment begin with this crusty bread.
The end result for this crusty bread with swiss cheese? Well, let’s just say people who I let taste test this beer bread loved it so much there wasn’t even a crumb left. They loved this cheese bread, especially with lots of sweet, creamy butter on it!
- 3 cups flour (sifted)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle Redd's Hard Apple Ale
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Next, mix dry ingredients together.
- Then, slowly add the hard apple ale to the mixture. It will get foamy.
- Mix everything together.
- Shape the bread into a loaf on a parchment lined paper baking sheet or you can pour the mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Pour melted butter over bread. and bake 1 hour.
- Remove from the bread from oven and pan if you use it, and cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Slice it up and ENJOY!
Strongbow and Angry Orchard hard apple ales are also good to use as well.
You have to sift the flour, if you dont that when you get hard biscuit like bread. The sifting helps loosen the flour so you get fluffy bread.
- Farberware Nonstick Bakeware Bread and Meat Loaf Pan Set, 2-Piece, Gray
- Rorence Stainless Steel Non-Slip Mixing Bowls With Pour Spout, Handle and Lid, Nesting Set of 3, Red
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 424 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 49mg Sodium: 557mg Carbohydrates: 49g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 12g Protein: 10g