Smokehouse Grilled Meatloaf is a healthier meatloaf recipe! What gives this grilled meatloaf that smokehouse flavor is using Smokin O’s on the grill for that wood-fired taste! This meatloaf on the grill will be a staple during your grilling season!
**I did receive a free Smokin O’s product to create this recipe**
What exactly is Smokin O’s?
Smokin-O’s are a new product and there’s nothing like it on the market, so there isn’t a reference point on how to use them. Or goal is to introduce Smokin-O’s to as many as possible so people realize there is a better way to get wood-fired taste from their gas grill.
Basically, these are little wood disks I can put on the grill! The ideas came in droves on what I can do with them. I will admit, I have been playing with an idea to make meatloaf on the grill.
Meatloaf On The Grill
Can meatloaf on the grill work? I think it can. I have seen where people have baked cheesecakes on the grill. So why can’t meatloaf on the grill work as well?
Healthier Meatloaf Recipe
Since I am going to make this a grilled meatloaf, why not take a step further and make it a healthier meatloaf recipe. Instead of using beef, use ground turkey for this meatloaf on the grill recipe. Grilling is healthy cooking is it not?
Smokehouse Grilled Meatloaf
When I saw that the Smokin O’s and said how they give foods this wood-fired taste, the term “Smokehouse” came into my mind. Using the grill and ground turkey, this would be an amazing healthy Smokehouse Grilled Meatloaf. I loved the idea!
If you can not tell, I do have quite a few meatloaf recipes up on Seduction in the Kitchen. I love meatloaf!
What is the secret to grilled meatloaf? It is actually baking this meatloaf, in the pan in a closed grill. Let’s be honest a grill is a kind of like an oven when you close it up.
Actually, grilled meatloaf is really great tasting. Especially with that wood-fired taste. Meatloaf on the grill is my favorite way to make meatloaf during grilling season.
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 1 small red pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- In small bowl combine oats and milk--let absorb about 10 minutes.
- Start your grill and set to medium. Place the Smokin O's on the grill.
- Combine absorbed oats with ground turkey, egg, chili sauce, garlic, onion, pepper, and Worcestershire in a large bowl.
- Mix well
- Spray a grill pan for the grill with a cooking spray.
- Shape meat mixture into loaf.
- Brush with BBQ sauce.
- Place the pan on the grill and close the lid.
- Grill for about 45 minutes, checking it often to make sure doesnt burn.
- Take off the grill, serve it up and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215