Smokehouse Grilled Meatloaf is a wonderful lighter version of meatloaf only it is made on the grill! What gives it that smokehouse flavor is using Smokin O’s on the grill for that wood fired taste! A great recipe for #RecipeMakeover
**I did receive a free Smokin O’s product to create this recipe**
It’s #RecipeMakeover week! That means food bloggers are rethinking recipes into lighter, healthier versions. I have been wanting to do healthier recipes. So when I saw about #RecipeMakeover, I jumped right on board!
One of the sponsors for this event was Smokin O’s. Yes! I can make a recipe using the grill! Perfect!
What exactly is Smokin O’s? Smokin-O’s are a new product and there’s nothing like it on the market, so there isn’t a reference point on how to use them. Or goal is to introduce Smokin-O’s to as many as possible so people realize there is a better way to get wood-fired taste from their gas grill.
Basically, these are little wood disks I can put on the grill! The ideas came in droves on what I can do with them for #RecipeMakeover. I will admit, I have been playing with an idea to make meatloaf on the grill.
Smokehouse Grilled Meatloaf
When I saw the Smokin O’s and saw how they give foods this wood fired taste, Smokehouse came into my mind. Using the grill and ground turkey, this would be an amazing healthy meatloaf with smokehouse flavor. I loved the idea!
If you can not tell, I do have quite a few meatloaf recipes up on Seduction in the Kitchen. I love meatloaf! I mean I have the unhealthy Pierogie Stuffed Meatloaf to one that is semi healthy which is Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf. Plus a few others in between. None that is healthy.
Wait! Before you go down to the recipe for this Smokehouse Grilled Meatloaf, there is a giveaway also! #RecipeMakeOver is having a great giveaway. So don’t forget to enter to win! By the way, it has $200+ worth of yummy prizes. Enter here now!
Smokehouse Grilled Meatloaf is a wonderful lighter version of meatloaf only it is made on the grill!
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1 clove garlic , minced
- 1 small onion , finely chopped
- 1 small red pepper , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- BBQ Sauce
- In small bowl combine oats and milk--let absorb about 10 minutes.
- Start your grill and set to medium. Place the Smokin O's on the grill.
- Combine absorbed oats with ground turkey, egg, chili sauce, garlic, onion, pepper, and Worcestershire in a large bowl.
- Mix well
- Spray a grill pan for the grill with a cooking spray.
- Shape meat mixture into loaf.
- Brush with BBQ sauce.
- Place the pan on the grill and close the lid.
- Grill for about 45 minutes, checking it often to make sure doesnt burn.
- Take off the grill, serve it up and ENJOY!
Check out other recipes in #RecipeMakeover: