I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Slow cooker cheese soup is an easy recipe with Velveeta cheese. Looking for slow cooker soup recipes? Then this cheese soup is for you.
I love cheese, so yes I will look for cheese recipes. One cheese recipe I love besides my Warm Bacon Cheese Dip is cheese soup.
Growing up, if we saw cheese soup on the menu at a restaurant, we ordered it. My family had this obsession with cheese soup.
So it’s no wonder I love cheese recipes. Cheese is in so many easy recipes, including this soup recipe!
Slow cooker soup recipes
Speaking of cheese recipes, I decided I have so many slow cooker soup recipes, why not make this cheese soup a slow cooker soup recipe! Making a cheese soup in a slow cooker, I was worried I could burn the soup.
As I found out through the development of this slow cooker soup recipe, is to cook it on low just like I would a cream soup. This slow cooker soup turns out amazing!
I really wanted this cheese soup to have a great taste. So I decided to use Velveeta cheese in this soup recipe. Why Velveeta cheese? Well, Velveeta cheese has a tang to it to flavor.
The cheese soups I have had growing up had that similar tang to it. I also felt that the Velveeta cheese and bacon I wanted to use in this cheese soup recipe would pair very nicely together. Plus using Velveeta cheese, it would melt much nicer than cheddar cheese.
This cheese soup comes together very nicely. Not only is it an easy soup recipe, but it has a wonderful cheesy taste.
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans of chicken broth
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 celery rib (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 4 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese (cubed and softened)
- 2 cups shredded Velveeta cheese
- 1 pieces package of Hormel recipe bacon
- In a crock pot, add the garlic, onion, celery to the broth
- Season the broth with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and 2 tablespoons of the butter.
- Once the butter is melted taste your broth see if it needs to be adjusted with the seasonings.
- Let it cook on low for about 4 hours,
- After 4 hours, add the cream cheese to the slow cooker.
- Add the bacon at this point as well, so the smokey taste of it can go into the broth.
- Let the soup cook for another hour
- Melt the other 2 tablespoons of butter and mix the flour with it. You want to form a paste.
- After about an hour of cooking the cream cheese into the broth. Mix it up well, There will be cream cheese floaties, I find it best to push those up against the wall of the slow cooker with back the spoon. It helps blend it into the soup better.
- Then Mix the flour paste into the soup.
- Then cook the soup for another hour.
- After an hour, give the soup another stir,
- Add the Velveeta cheese.
- Stir the cheese into the soup and cover and let finish cooking for another 15-30 minutes, until it is all blended together.
- Ladle the soup out into bowls and ENJOY!
A tip about blending the cream cheese, let it come to room temp and cube
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 249Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 1259mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 9g