Crock Pot Baked Spaghetti is an easy meatless baked spaghetti recipe made in the slow cooker. This baked spaghetti recipe is savory and filling. You will love how easy cooking spaghetti in a crock pot really is.
Love my Job, Hate the Surroundings
Have you ever loved what you do, but hated the surrounding that you worked in? That is me right now. By day, I am a phlebotomist, and I been one now for 20 years.
I really like being a phlebotomist. I am very good at my job. I get told constantly that I am a painless stick. Patients never felt me stick them.
I have been lucky in my phlebotomy career to work for 2 huge, world known health systems in 2 different states. Not many can say that. That alone is an impressive feat.
I moved to Cleveland because my ex-husband doing his residency here at one the hospitals. We got divorced and I got stuck in Cleveland. I have no family here at all, it me all by myself.
People do ask why do I stay? I say it is because of my job and I have great friends here. Well now I can honestly say, I never left because I was scared to just start over.
I put up with so much here in Cleveland. I love my phlebotomy job and my patients. I don’t like my surroundings. I love my friends, they were there for me when my family hasnt. I just need to conquer my fear and start over in a new place.
It time for me to be happy. I need my own advice, change is good. That is what I am going to do, with baby steps.
Can You Cook Spaghetti In A Crock Pot?
When I wrote this post back in 2015, there was a lot going on. Phlebotomy job was overwhelming and I never had anytime off. So crock pot pasta meals were my best friend.
Cooking spaghetti in a crock pot was my first real experimental crockpot spaghetti recipe. The question was can you cook spaghetti in a crock pot? That was what I asked myself.
To be honest, why I wanted to make crock pot spaghetti, I was missing a baked spaghetti recipe my ex-husband used to make. His baked spaghetti was really good. I had never had it prior so his baked spaghetti was the first time I ever ate it.
Working as much as I do, there was no time to actually make baked spaghetti in the oven. So baked spaghetti in crockpot was the answer for me. So let the experiment on a crockpot spaghetti recipe begin!
Crock Pot Baked Spaghetti
Why did I want to make a crock pot spaghetti? I wanted to be lazy, I don’t want cook after work, but I want a nice, hot meal. That is one the reasons I love crock pot cooking. You fix it and forget it.
What I like about this crock pot spaghetti recipe, you can make it all the night before. Then you put in the fridge and take it out in the morning. Put the baked spaghetti in crockpot on low and it will cook all day. When you get home, dinner is ready.
Vegetarian Crock Pot Spaghetti
I made this crockpot baked spaghetti vegetarian, but you can add meat to this crock pot pasta meal. All you have to do is just brown some ground beef meat and add it to the spaghetti in a crock pot. This crockpot spaghetti recipe is versatile that you could make the sauce to suit your taste.
Crock Pot Baked Spaghetti is an easy meatless baked spaghetti recipe made in the slow cooker. This baked spaghetti recipe is savory and filling. You will love how easy it is cooking spaghetti in a crock pot.
- sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves roasted garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- a few flakes of crushed red pepper
- 1 lb cooked spaghetti
- You can saute the mushrooms and onions if you want to. Just do with a little olive oil until the onions are translucent. You can also add green peppers and other vegetables you want. That the beauty of making a homemade sauce, you make it how you like it. So add the mushrooms, onions, garlic and the tomato sauce to the crock pot.
- Next, stir in the water, vinegar, sugar, and seasonings. Taste the sauce see if needs adjusted too sweet add more vinegar, need more spice add it. Too tart, add a bit more sugar.
- Once you have the sauce where you like it, add cooked spaghetti noodles to the sauce. Stir it all up and put the crock pot on low and cook for 6-8 hours.
- Then, grab a plate and ENJOY!