I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
One Bowl Chocolate Cherry Brownies is an easy brownie recipe with cocoa powder. You will love that these are one bowl brownies! If you want a moist brownie recipe, then you have to try these cherry brownies.
Moist brownie recipe
Have you ever craved brownies, went to go make some only to find out you don’t have brownie mix? That was what happened to me when I decided I really need to create a moist brownie recipe. That way I can make brownies without a mix!
One bowl brownies
I do like to make things from scratch, especially baked goods. When I was looking at brownie recipes, I realized you need multiple bowls to make an easy brownie recipe with cocoa powder. I have to do dishes by hand, so one bowl brownies are really wanted I want for a moist brownie recipe!
Easy brownie recipe with cocoa powder
An easy brownie recipe with cocoa powder is the best way to create a one bowl brownies. Instead of melting chocolate and adding that to a flour mixture, the cocoa powder keeps a brownie recipe simple!
I saw some maraschino cherries in my pantry, however, these cherries were chocolate cherries. That sparked the idea to make cherry brownies.
I added those cherries to the brownie batter. Next thing I knew, the One Bowl Chocolate Cherry Brownies recipe was born. Not only was this a moist brownie recipe but has a wonderful cherry taste.
Can you just omit the cherries from this brownie recipe? Yes, just leave them out you still will have a great one bowl brownies!
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon butter extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 jar cherries halved
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- Preheat the oven to 350F and grease a brownie/bar pan
- In a bowl mix the oil and sugar together.
- Next, add the extracts and eggs into the sugar mixture. Blend everything well.
- Add the cocoa powder and blend it well into the sugar mixture.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and cherries.
- Finally add the flour, and mix it in till the flour is just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and smooth it out till it is smooth.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes.
- Check for doneness with a tooth pick, if comes out clean then the brownies are done, if comes out with batter continue to bake for another 5 minutes till the tooth pick comes put clean.
- Let the brownies cool, and then cut into squares and ENJOY!
Cherries can be omitted
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 224Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 33mgSodium: 81mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
One Bowl Chocolate Cherry Brownies is an easy brownie recipe with cocoa powder. If you want a moist brownie recipe, then you have to try these cherry brownies.