Red Velvet Brownies are red velvet meets brownies with a cream cheese drizzle, they will delight your mouth with pleasure.
Valentine’s day will be coming up soon. I will admit, I am not a big fan of Valentine’s Day. To quote one of my sisters, “It is just national sex day.”
Don’t get me wrong, getting roses from a man is very nice. However, I think you should get roses just because, not because of some holiday that says, “buy her roses to show her how much you care for her.” I am a firm believer in actions speaking louder than words. To me, it is those little actions that a man does all year, that will show me more love than a day that a guy buys roses for because he feels he has too because it is a holiday.
Actions Speaks Louder
I actually just had this conversation with someone about how actions speak louder than words. I know sounds funny but a simple text that says: “I am thinking about you,” says more to me than you think. To me it says, it shows you are taking a few seconds out your day just to let me know that you’re showing me a small action, that speaks volumes. People tend to forget about these small acts in today’s very busy world.
With my personality, I do attract very busy guys. In fact, these guys are so busy they don’t even realize a month passes since the last date. Sometimes it gets frustrating that they are so busy that they don’t realize that I am someone who is a real person.
I can get hurt by long bouts of silence on their end. So it is one the reasons, I do like those little gestures. I really learned to treasure them.
So my advice to anyone would be, actions speak louder than words. Even a small gesture like a simple text can mean so much. So instead of Valentine’s day of getting roses, how about doing something so little and unexpected, that will show how much you really care, or at least that is my opinion.
Red Velvet Brownies
So what is a little thing you can do for Valentine’s Day? Well, baking is something little you can do. Brownies are one the simplest staples you can make. What is better than Red Velvet Brownies.
Even if you can not bake, just attempting to do it will mean much more to your someone special. Remember, actions speak much louder than words. Red Velvet is so popular around February. Why? Because it is red, but many people just love the velvet chocolate texture with creamy cream cheese.
Red Velvet Brownies are the perfect treat. They are a great action to make for Valentine’s Day. Red Velvet Brownies are just simply great and yummy, so whip up a batch.Print
Red Velvet meets brownies with a cream cheese drizzle, they will delight your mouth with pleasure. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
- 1 cup ⁄2 butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1 cups ⁄2 sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1 cups ⁄4 flour
- 1 teaspoon ⁄4 salt
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 1 cup ⁄2 butter (at room temperature)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (soften)
- 2 1 cups ⁄2 powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces white chocolate
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8 x 8 pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix cocoa powder, food coloring and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla to form a paste. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, then add second teaspoon of vanilla. With mixer on medium, beat in cocoa paste. Add flour and salt, and mix just until combined.
- Spread in pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Melt the white chocolate according to the instructions on your package and set it aside. Cream butter and cream cheese with mixer till fluffy.
- Add vanilla. Slowly mix in powdered sugar, then white chocolate. Add enough milk to reach desired consistency.
- You can either frost the brownies, or scoop some into a pastry bag, and pipe on diagonal lines onto the brownies. Than drag a kife through the lines the opposite ways crating ‘V’s” into the frosting lines.
- Cut up the brownies and ENJOY!
- Calories: 510
Like brownies? Check this out on Amazon:
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01MUGM60E” locale=”US” tag=”despl-20″]Gotham Steel 1491 Brooklyn Brownie, Brown[/easyazon_link][easyazon_image align=”center” height=”425″ identifier=”B01MUGM60E” locale=”US” src=”https://www.seductioninthekitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/41kb2B8JqmrL.jpg” tag=”despl-20″ width=”500″] [easyazon_cta align=”center” identifier=”B01MUGM60E” key=”small-light” locale=”US” tag=”despl-20″]