Hawaiian Vodka Sauerkraut with Pau Maui Vodka
Hawaiian Vodka Sauerkraut uses Pau Maui vodka is made from pineapples and made a wonderful addition in this Hawaiian inspired sauerkraut. It is a versatile recipe that can be used in many ways from toppings on Reubens and hot dogs, to cooked with some kielbasa.
I started doing restaurant reviews again and I admit I still have 2 that I need to write-up. It is interesting going to these places with my foodies and judging everything from the service to how clean the place is. Most would think we are looking at how good the food is. No, we critique everything for these reviews. Since I started this again, I will admit one of the places we reviewed and I still need to the write-up, inspired me with something I saw on their menu VODKA SAUERKRAUT.
Those words were intriguing to me. Hmmm, that has to be interesting. I was digging in the fridge and saw I had a container of fresh pineapple spears I had bought at Wal-Mart. I had received a bottle of Pau Maui Vodka, lightning struck me for the idea to use the pineapple and the Pau Maui for my version of vodka sauerkraut. St Patty’s day is coming up, this would be a great time to experiment with sauerkraut for Reubens for the holiday.
Pau Maui is the only ultra-premium vodka crafted from Hawaiian pineapples. While there is no hint of pineapple flavor in the finished product, the Maui Golden ® pineapple provides a nice, clean mash to start from. Once distilled, it is mixed with crystal clear Hawaiian spring water.
One taste and I were in love with this vodka. It is the purest vodka, you taste the difference right away and it is simply amazing. So it was perfect for this idea of doing a vodka sauerkraut, but I was going to make it Hawaiian style. It is sweet, but with a little bite. It is great on Reubens, but it is also wonderful as a topping on hot dogs. Cooked with a little kielbasa, the possibilities are endless. It is even great eaten plain. It really amazed me the end results of this idea for vodka sauerkraut.
Pau Maui vodka is made from pineapples and made a wonderful addition in this Hawaiian inspired sauerkraut. It is a versatile recipe that can be used in many ways from toppings on Reubens and hot dogs, to cooked with some kielbasa. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- In a small crock pot, mix the Pau Maui vodka, brown sugar, and the mustard together.
- Add the pineapple, onion, and garlic.
- Finally add the sauerkraut and caraway seeds, mix everything together and put the crock pot on low.
- There is little liquid with this, so occasionally for the next 4 hours, stir the sauerkraut.
- Season with a little the Hawaiian salt, which you can get a really good deal on Kaina's Spices for less, in fact they got great deals on many spices, click the banner I have on the right and you see what I mean. That salt really has a better taste then regular table salt and as a bonus for anyone that has high blood pressure, it doesn't add to it, it good for those that need to watch the sodium intake.
- Add it to your reubens, hot dogs, kielbasa, or just have some by itself, ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 274kcal Calories from fat 6|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 1g||2%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||28%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|