Fall Apple Salad With Chocolate Vinaigrette is an easy green salad recipe. This fall recipe combines apples, walnuts, and a Chocolate Vinaigrette. This is one the best green salad recipe!
It is that time of year that fall recipes rule! What is a fall recipe? For me a recipe that is recipes with fall flavors like apple and pumpkin.
How can a chocolate salad be a filling salad that is also a fall recipe? I got inspired to do this vegetarian salad recipe from the Hershey Resort. Hershey Pa is the king of savory chocolate recipes, like a chocolate vinaigrette.
Easy Green Salad Recipe
I got this healthy oil from Just Hemp Foods. This oil is made from hemp seeds, I knew I wanted to make an easy green salad recipe with it. The idea of combining hemp oil with an apple salad sounded like it would be a filling salad.
Hemp Seed Oil
Hemp seed oil is a very healthy oil. Hotel Hershey has a chocolate vinaigrette, which I have the recipe for it. Instead of using, olive oil, substitute the hemp seed oil. This combination makes a great chocolate vinaigrette that would be wonderful on an apple salad!
Salad With Chocolate
A salad with chocolate? Apples, walnuts, and chocolate make the best green salad recipe! This is a perfect fall recipe. There are lots of lettuce salad recipes, but a salad with chocolate is a great vegetarian salad recipe!
- 1 tablespoon shallot (minced)
- 1/2 cups Just Hemp Foods Oil
- 1/2 cup Hershey's syrup (HERSHEY'S Special Dark syrup)
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 bag of Romaine Salad
- 1 Honey Crisp Apple (sliced thin)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Place shallots and mustard in a stainless steel bowl and mix.
- Alternately whisk in the oil and vinegar to the shallot mixture
- Continue whisking as you slowly add in the chocolate.
- Season with a little salt and pepper, set aside the dressing.
- In a bowl, place the romaine lettuce.
- On the top of the lettuce, place the apple slice on the top.
- Sprinkle the walnuts over the top.
- Finally drizzle on the dressing, toss it and then serve it up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 16g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 160mg Carbohydrates: 47g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 33g Protein: 10g