I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Spinach Salad With Honey Dijon Dressing is a wonderful baby spinach salad recipe. The honey dijon dressing is what sets this spinach salad with walnuts apart from other salad recipes!
Baby Spinach Salad Recipe
The first time I had a baby spinach salad recipe was at a restaurant in Cleveland called The Wine Bar Rocky River. What made this spinach salad recipe stand out was the honey dijon dressing. So I decided I needed to make that spinach salad dressing so I can have it anytime I want a spinach salad!
Spinach Salad Dressing
That spinach salad dressing with the spinach salad with walnuts really does make a spinach salad stand apart from other baby spinach salad recipes. The honey dijon dressing just pops with flavor.
Honey Dijon Dressing
I know I have said it is the honey dijon dressing is that makes this salad, so what is it about this spinach salad dressing that has me raving about it? Honestly, it is the dijon with balsamic that gives this wonderful flavor to this salad recipe. It has this zing, yet a sweet taste for this salad dressing recipe.
Spinach Salad With Walnuts
Another thing I loved about this baby spinach salad recipe is that it is a spinach salad with walnuts. I love walnuts in salads. It really adds a special touch I think. Plus another bonus you could make this a spinach salad with cranberries too. Cranberries and walnuts go well together in this spinach salad!
Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette combined with spinach, bacon and candied walnuts is what makes this salad and will delight your taste buds.
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 -4 teaspoons honey (or to taste)
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil (plus)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- black pepper
- 1 bag of fresh baby spinach (washed)
- 1 (6 oz) container of grape tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) bag of bacon recipe pieces
- 1/2 bag of Diamond candied walnuts
For the dressing:
- In a bowl whisk together garlic, salt, Dijon, honey and balsamic vinegar; add in olive oil in a slow steady stream until emulsified.
- Season with salt and black pepper and chill for 2 hours before using.
For the salad:
- Place the spinach in a bowl and add the bacon, tomatoes, and walnuts.
- Slowly pour the dressing over the salad and give it a really good toss so that the dressing, tomatoes, bacon, and walnuts are distributed through out the spinach leaves.
- Take some out, place on a salad plate and ENJOY!
You can add some dried cranberries to this spinach salad as well, and tastes great with this dressing!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 202Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 399mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 2g