Dumante Soaked Plum Cake An Italian sweet cake that is topped with fresh plums soaked in Dumante liquor. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
It is no secret that I deal with stress by cooking and baking. I channel my stress into creative recipes. I also use that stress creativity into other avenues that allow me to be creative. Right now that is photography, what started off as practice to learn my new camera, I actually turned into a side hobby, it something just for fun, that is just that a fun hobby, that helps me learn. It is good to have several hobbies.
Speaking of creativity, My day job, I got a camcorder for my 10 year anniversary. A very, very long time ago, I did start a YouTube channel. I did a few teaser videos and 2 full recipe videos. I stopped doing full video for 2 reasons, one was because had a tiny kitchen in my old apartment. The I just don’t like how I look on video and I am not good at editing. Plus at the time, I really didn’t have a proper camera to do videos, I used my computer to film. Well, I am building up the courage to try to do a video again now that I do have a proper camera.
I got introduced to Dumante when I first started food blogging, they were the first company I worked with to develop recipes with. I created with Dumante:
- #SundaySupper Dumante Frozen Espresso Creams
- Dumante Baklava Muffins
- Dumante Baklava
- Festive Dumante Soda Stream Cosmo
- Apple Pie Cupcakes with Dumante Caramel Buttercream
- Peach Dumplings
I love this liquor. It is so smooth. It is handcrafted in select small batches in Italy with a genuine Sicilian pistachio infusion. There is nothing like it. One taste, you see why I love working with it so much.
I really wanted to make something with it, and I been wanting to do something with plums for awhile. Plum cake and Dumante seem like a perfect combination, this Italian liquor really enhances the sweetness of the plums, for a wonderful cake.
An Italian sweet cake that is topped with fresh plums soaked in Dumante liquor. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
- 1 lb ⁄4 butter
- 1 cup ⁄3 sugar
- 1 teaspoon ⁄2 vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 cup Dumante liquor
- 1 teaspoon lemon (rind of)
- 1 3 cups ⁄4 flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups plums (pitted and sliced into thin wedges)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large bowl, add the plums, the Dumante, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix together and let it stand for about an hour.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, add the sugar, vanilla, egg, lemon peel, sour cream
- Mix the flour and baking powder and add that into the wet mixture.
- Grease the base of a round baking pan and spread the dough over the pan.
- Pour the plums over the dough.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes at 375 F.
- Take out the oven and let it cool, slice it up and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410