Dill Pickle Fries is simply a dill pickle that been cut into thin strips, battered, and deep-fried. Inspired by a side dish at a restaurant in Cleveland Ohio, and now you can make them at home.
Part my goals for 2017 for Seduction in the Kitchen is to redo some the older recipe posts. I am sticking to that plan. I have redone 2 recipes! Plus as a bonus, I have done videos for them as well!
You can check out the recipe videos on my YouTube Channel. Which by the way I am putting videos on it that will not be on my blog. So subscribing to the channel is a good way to get alerted when I add new videos.
The recipes that got a makeover is Easy Brownies and Texas Slaw. I really love to know what you think of the makeovers on each one. So please let me know. If you have suggestions, I love to know. That is how I can evolve is with feedback.
With the videos I had feedback. I can see myself with each one evolving. My first video, it was the lighting. It was too dark. The next It was because using my iPhone and needed to do something more hands-free. Next, I used the DSLR, and so on and so on. I got feedback on each one. I run with that.
I say change is good, but feedback is just as good. It is feedback that helps you learn. I like to learn and evolve.
Dill Pickle Fries Recipe
So how did I come up with Dill Pickle Fires? Well, I went to a restaurant here in Cleveland called Burgers 2 Beer with a friend. This place has some the most unusual, but good burger creations.
In fact a few their burgers I may recreate for Seduction in the Kitchen. One is this burger that is in between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches. That I want to do as a recipe here on Seduction in the Kitchen. They are famous for this is donut burger.
It is a burger that’s bun is a glazed donut. Yes, you read that right, a glazed donut. I personally didn’t try it, but my friend did and said it was amazing. It the sweet meets savory and was delicious.
Anyway, we ordered appetizers and one the apps we got were dill pickle fries. Now I have had fried pickles. This isn’t a fried pickle. What they did was cut the pickles to be like shoestring fries. Then they battered them and fried them.
It is genius! and was so good. I could just have had the whole basket of those dill pickle fries. They were that good.
That was months ago I was at that restaurant. Those dill pickle fries have been in my head. I finally decided I need to make them myself.
The hardest part was finding the right pickle to use to cut up thin. The best thing I found was the dill pickle stackers. They are flat and they cut much nicer into the strips to batter them. Plus, they are the easiest to make into “fries.”
Dill Pickle Fries is simply a dill pickle that been cut into thin strips, battered, and deep fried. They are simply amazing! You have to try them!
- After you have drained the pickles. Take a paper towel and dry them off as much as possible.
- Slicing lengthwise, cut the pickles into strips. Do not get too narrow once you’re in the middle section or the pickles break.
- Mix together the flour and pepper. You can get a little fancy and add other seasonings like paprika, garlic powder, etc
- Remove 5 tablespoons of the flour mixture and put into a small bowl.
- Mix the egg and water with the 5 tablespoons of flour.
- Dip your pickle strips into the batter.
- After they are covered in the batter, dredge them through the dry flour mixture to cover them.
- Heat up the oil and fry the fries for about 2-3 minutes till they turn a nice golden color.
- Take out the oil and let them drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve them up with a cool ranch or any dipping sauce you prefer and ENJOY!