Creamy Macaroni Salad is a wonderful and easy macaroni salad recipe. This picnic macaroni salad is best macaroni salad. Even the pickiest of eaters will love this recipe for creamy macaroni salad.
Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe
When you are putting together salads for summer parties like graduation parties and picnics you want to have an easy macaroni salad recipe. You also need the best macaroni salad, after all, you want to impress your guests. That is where this recipe for creamy macaroni salad comes in handy.
Best Macaroni Salad
Why is this creamy macaroni salad recipe the best macaroni salad recipe? It is because it is a bit different. This easy macaroni salad recipe has a secret ingredient that makes it stand out from all the other macaroni salad recipes out there.
Macaroni salad is the one salad that mocks me. Why? Well growing up my mom would try and make it like her potato salad recipe but wasn’t working.
The issue was she would add straight mayonnaise to make this creamy macaroni salad. A recipe for good old fashion macaroni salad never went over in our house.
Easy Creamy Macaroni Salad Recipe
I was at my mother’s house in Pa and I wanted to make an easy salad for a cookout we were having. I know that we could never seem to make macaroni salad recipe the right way. I was on a mission, I will make an easy creamy macaroni salad.
Creamy Macaroni Salad
I was leafing through those old church cookbooks and found a macaroni salad. This creamy macaroni salad recipe stood out was that was similar to my mother’s potato salad. My mom puts green olives in her potato salad.
The green olives are what makes my mom’s potato salad amazing. It stands out because of the flavor. My mom’s potato salad recipe always gets compliments.
The Secret Ingredient
I decided let’s make this creamy macaroni salad. This easy macaroni salad came out so good. I have even made for a potluck and I got many compliments on it.
I finally cracked the creamy macaroni salad secret. Plus I even figured out how to make macaroni salad like my mom’s potato salad. The secret is the green olives.
- 1 lb large elbow macaroni (cooked)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup diced colored peppers ((red yellow, green))
- 1/4 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- Mix cooled macaroni, celery, onions, bell pepper and green olives together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, pickle relish, sugar, salt, pepper and celery seed, stirring well.
- Stir dressing into the macaroni mixture.
- Chill the salad for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Serve it up and ENJOY!
- Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls by Finedine (Set of 6) Polished Mirror Finish Nesting Bowl, ¾ - 1.5-3 - 4-5 - 8 Quart - Cooking Supplies
- Lipper International 294-3 Cherry Finished Wavy Rim Serving Bowl with 2 Salad Hands, Large, 13" x 12.5" x 5", 3-Piece Set
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263 Total Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 17g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 324mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 3g