I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
[intro]Creamy Macaroni Salad is a simple macaroni salad recipe. This recipe for macaroni salad is the best macaroni salad. Even the pickiest of eaters will love this creamy pasta salad.[/intro]
Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe
When you are looking for easy salad recipes for graduation parties and picnics, you usually look for an easy macaroni salad recipe. You also need the best macaroni salad, to be a simple macaroni salad recipe that will impress your guests!
Best Macaroni Salad
Why is this creamy macaroni salad recipe the best macaroni salad recipe to make? This creamy pasta salad is a bit different. The macaroni salad ingredients are what you would expect to find in a simple macaroni salad recipe. However, there is a secret ingredient that makes this southern macaroni salad stand out from all those other macaroni salad recipes.
Recipe For Macaroni Salad
This recipe for macaroni salad is the creamy pasta salad cousin to my mother’s potato salad recipe. You see both salad recipes share the same secret ingredient. What exactly is this secret ingredient in this creamy macaroni salad recipe that has people falling in love? Green Olives!
Southern Macaroni Salad
I took a southern macaroni salad and added to the macaroni salad ingredients green olives. There is somthing about the bitter saltiness of green olves that makes this simple macaroni salad recipe stand out. You could omit the olives from this southern macaroni salad, but trust me those olives just make this creamy macaroni salad recipe amazing!
Creamy Pasta Salad
A question I have been asked when I have made this recipe for macaroni salad is:
“Is macaroni salad really just creamy pasta salad?”
The answer is techinally yes. A creamy macaroni salad recipe is actually a creamy pasta salad. The main differnce between the pasta salad recipes is that the macaroni salad ingredients is elbow macaroni. Where a pasta salad recipe can be any pasta.
- 1 lb large elbow macaroni (cooked)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup diced colored peppers ((red yellow, green))
- 1/4 cup sliced pimento stuffed olive
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- Mix cooled macaroni, celery, onions, bell pepper and green olives together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, vinegar, pickle relish, sugar, salt, pepper and celery seed, stirring well.
- Stir dressing into the macaroni mixture.
- Chill the salad for at least 1 hour in the fridge.
- Serve it up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 263Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 324mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 3g
Check out my the latest on my other blog: