I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
[intro]Cranberry Salsa is a cooked salsa recipe. This fruit salsa is a wonderful holiday appetizer. So make this cranberry salsa recipe as one of your Christmas cocktail party appetizers![/intro]
I love making salsas. I have so many salsa recipes on Seduction in the Kitchen, I could have a salsa festival! I love making salsa.
I love creating a fruit salsa. I really wanted to make a fruit salsa that would be great for holiday appetizers. Plus I really love cranberries. Cranberry would be great in a fruit salsa recipe.
Cooked Salsa Recipe
I make a raspberry salsa that is a cooked salsa recipe. I was thinking, why not use that cooked salsa recipe for a base for this holiday appetizer. I would use cranberries in place of raspberries to make it a cranberry salsa recipe.
Cranberry Salsa Recipe
I also decided to make this cranberry salsa recipe similar to how I make my cranberry sauce. I would use orange juice in this cooked salsa recipe. The end result is this cranberry salsa is a great addition to Christmas cocktail party appetizers!
So if you are looking for holiday appetizers, then this fruit salsa is perfect. not only is it an easy Christmas cocktail party appetizer recipe, but it just a wonderful cooked salsa recipe!
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lime
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 16 ounces fresh cranberries
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 ounce can chopped green chiles, drained
- 5 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- In a sauce pot add the orange juice, water, and lime juice.
- Stir in the brown sugar, and bring to the start of a boil.
- Add the cranberries, turn the heat down and allow to simmer till the cranberries start popping.
- Stir and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Take the cranberries off the heat and add the green chilies and chopped cilantro.
- Give a nice stir and place the cranberries in a covered bowl and place in the fridge and let sit for at least an hour.
- Take it out, serve it up and ENJOY!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 3gSugar: 23gProtein: 1g