For This Recipe You Will Need
Good Grips Flexible Heatproof Stainless Steel Pastry Brush Affiliate Link
- Chef Shamy Butter With Asiago Cheese, French Onion Affiliate Link
Grilled Corn Recipes
I worked my last day in Cleveland as a phlebotomist. I am now saying goodbye to Cleveland and Ohio. After 13 years I am finally leaving.
As I was editing the old posts for SEO, I realized for 5 years I said I want to leave Cleveland. I want to move to Florida. Well, I am finally. I took my own advice about change is good and I am doing a change.
Right now, I am moving back first to Pittsburgh. Looking for a phlebotomy job in Orlando. Then I will be moving to Florida finally!
Honestly, I was slowly dying in Ohio from depression. It was full of very bad memories of the abuse of my ex-husband. I moved there for him and then I got stuck there from fear. I decided I need to be happy, it is time I start doing something to make me happy.
Grilled Corn On The Cob
So now back to this grilled corn on the cob. My family loves corn, especially corn on the cob. For years we would eat it as boiled corn on the cob.
Tips for boiling corn on the cob:
- Corn should quickly and not left to sit in the boiling water very long. Otherwise, that will overcook the corn and cause it to be dry.
- Bring your water to a boil first, then add the corn. Boiling corn this way keeps the corn sweetness, so you do not have to add sugar to water.
- For crisp corn: boil the corn on the cob for 1-2 minutes.
- For Softer corn kernels: boil the corn for 3-5 minutes.
Grilled Corn On The Cob In Foil
It wasn’t until a church fair that I tasted grilled corn on the cob. The grilled the corn in the corn husks. That made me nervous to grill corn that way.
What if the corn husks catch fire? How to grill corn on the cob without husks? The answer is simple, grill the corn in foil.
Fire Roasted Corn On The Cob
Seasoned Butter For Corn On The Cob
How to get that French onion taste for grilled corn? I was introduced to Chef Shamy seasoned butter when I did cookout week. I used the French Onion butter in the French Onion Grilled Baked Potatoes and I am now obsessed with flavored butter.
- 6 fresh ears of corn, husked
- 6 tablespoons Chef Shamy French Onion Butter
- 2 teaspoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 foil sheets
- Fire up the grill to medium-high heat.
- Melt the Chef Shamy French Onion butter in a small bowl in the microwave. Melt at 30-second intervals until it is melted.
- Place 1 ear of corn on 1 foil square.
- Brush the corn with the melted French onion butter. Use about 1 tablespoon of the melted butter on each of the corn ears.
- Wrap the foil around the corn tightly to keep the butter inside with corn.
- Grill the corn on the grill, turning frequently, until the corn is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the corn from the grill and take the foil off the corn.
- Place the corn back on the grill and fire roast the corn for about 1-2 minutes. Making sure to turn the corn over so that the sides get roasted on all sides.
- Take off the grill, garnish with grated parmesan cheese and parsley.
- Serve the corn on the cob up and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210