I am finishing up my “Springtime” vacation in Pittsburgh with my family. If you been a reader of my blog, you know I am at a real disadvantage at my parent’s house. My family likes things very plain, the only spice is salt and pepper. So making any dish here is usually out the question. I have managed to make things here and there when I visit, and yes they like it, but as the saying goes, “you can not teach an old dog new tricks.” My parents, like most people’s, are just stubborn to change.
However, I did manage to make 2 dishes while I was here, one of which is this popcorn. My mom buys those movie theater candies from the store, like Mike and Ikes, Lemonheads, etc, all the time. I wanted to do something with Lemonheads that she buys. I will admit it is one of my favorite candies, so that was why I wanted to do something with it. I saw where someone made popcorn with jelly beans and pretzels, which was the inspiration for this recipe.
For this recipe, I wanted to balance with sweet, tart, and crunch. I also wanted to be a fun, easy thing to make. All these thoughts, what to do. Then it came to me at Wal-Mart when I saw a bag of Indiana Movie Theater Popcorn. That would be perfect for this. I choose white chocolate over milk because I wanted the main flavor to be that of the Lemonheads. So I went about making this Springtime treat, I admit when it was all done, it became very addicting to eat. How did I come up with Springtime Popcorn Clusters as the name? Well, my mom said they looked like Daisies. Plus with Easter coming, I just thought it would be a cute name for this lovely treat.
Easter and Springtime is in the air, what a perfect no bake treat then with these Springtime Popcorn Clusters. They are a great combination of sweet white chocolate, tartness of Lemonheads, and the crunch of buttery popcorn. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen. #springtime #easter #recipe #chocolate #candy #lemon #popcorn
- 1 large bag of Indiana Movie Theater Popcorn
- 1 bar of Ghirardelli White Chocolate
- 1 movie theater box of Lemonheads
- In a large, microwaveable bowl melt 3 squares of the chocolate in the bowl on 30 second intervals and stirring in between each interval till the chocolate is melted.
- Mix in the popcorn **Note, use your best judgement, you do not have to use the entire bag** and the Lemonheads with the melted chocolate.
- Give a good mixing so the chocolate lightly coats the Lemonheads and popcorn.
- Line a cookie sheet with some foil and spread out the popcorn/Lemonhead mixture on it.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate in a microwaveable bowl on 30 second intervals again until it is all melted.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate all over the popcorn mixture on the cookie sheet.
- Let the chocolate set up on it, about an hour, then ENJOY!
- Calories: 310