Red Skin Fries And Roasted Garlic Dipping Sauce is a fresh and healthy alternative to fried french fries and ketchup. One bite and you will love this side dish.
I am doing 30 days of FRESH EATING! So no processed, no canned, nothing like that. It is all part of my change is the good attitude I have right now. Sometimes our own stubbornness is why we fail at things in life. We do not want to change, we are afraid of it.
As I been saying, change is good, you need change to keep evolving in life. I have been shaking up my life lately, in the various ways I can. I finally realized change is what is needed, and change is good.
Once I realized that everything I realized I needed to do have been coming to me. The changes have been simple, not hard like you would think. Why? Because I realized I needed change, I embraced it, and I am going for it, Call it one of my Ah-Huh moments in life.
I have always been healthy. I decided I want to do more healthy eating. So that why I am doing a fresh eating challenge.
I know I need to lose weight. Even though I am for the most part comfortable in my own skin. However I also know if I lose 25lbs.
I will look better. So why not do it right. Lets do fresh, which is lots of veggies. I am getting out there in the dating world again, and I can honestly say after 6 years of being single and getting to the place where I love who I am. I am ready for a relationship.
The guys I am attracted to all have good healthy eating habits. I am ready to change it up and adopt a better, healthier eating habits myself. Plus working in medical field, that where got most my bad habits from,
What? Well like picking at foods and grazing. It is because of how we are always in a rush in the medical field. So it is good that I want to change it up. If I am going to pick and gazde at foods, why not do it with fresh items. Stay alway from something ready-made and happens to be there.
My work does a Farmer’s Market co-op type of thing, A few of the items in my weekly box I got was fresh olive oil, garlic, raspberry vinegar, and red skin potatoes. I see a recipe here for these items, French Fries that are baked with a dipping sauce. I decided roasting the garlic was the best with this little side dish I was created I will admit, I like better than eating French Fries with ketchup.
Red Skin Fries And Roasted Garlic Dipping Sauce is a healthier version for French Fries and Ketchup alternative. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 4 Red Skin Potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil + 1 tablespoon
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 tablespoon flavored vinegar (balsamic red wine, apple cider, etc)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take off a few the outer layers of skin off the garlic, then slice off the tops of the cloves. Drizzle with a little olive oil and roast it. I was lucky, I got at a rummage sale this automatic roaster, I love it! If you don’t have that just wrap up in foil, put in the oven for 45 minutes at 400F degrees and it roast it that way too.
- Once the garlic is roasted, add it to the olive oil. You can use a blender, for this part, put on whipped and let the olive oil and garlic get whipped together. I even used my immersion blender, it works just as well. Slowly add the vinegar as it it being blended. It emulsify that oil, you see it getting thicker. Season with a little salt and fresh black pepper. After all nice and whipped up set aside.
- Slice the potatoes into strips.
- Place the “fries” onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season with a little sea salt. Bake them at 400F degrees for about 30 minutes.
- Take the fries out the oven, serve with the sauce and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 304kcal Calories from fat 124|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 14g||22%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||20%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|