Red Gold Tomatoes Lasagna Soup is soup version of lasagna! Served up with a piece of garlic cheesy bread on the top for a meal all in one bowl!
So me republishing old content actually is a plus in one way. I am doing something have not done in a very long time, continuous postings. I have not done days in a row, new posts in a long time.
Yes, these are older recipe posts, but life happens every day. So I am able to update the post with new words. This is exciting I feel able to Just write and that is good!
Red Gold Tomatoes Lasagna Soup
Originally I posted lasagna soup back in February 2015. Red Gold tomatoes were the first brand I actually worked with. I was so excited for this Red Gold Tomatoes lasagna kit sponsored by Laura’s Beef.
They wanted me to make lasagna with it. Well, I decided to take that kit and make it into a lasagna soup instead. I have seen stuffed green pepper soup, cheeseburger soup, I have even seen a mac n cheese soup, so why not lasagna soup?
I wanted to do the soup a bit different. I wanted a full lasagna meal in a bowl. So the idea hit me why not do the lasagna soup like French onion soup? I decided to use a piece of garlic toast and melt some cheese on top. Viola! A lasagna meal in a bowl without a ton of work.
I decided to use a piece of garlic toast and melt some cheese on top. Placed into the soup and voila! A lasagna meal in a bowl without a ton of work and was super delicious!
RedGold Lasagna Soup is a complete lasagna meal in soup form! A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
- 1 1/2 lbs Laura’s Lean ground beef
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 ounce chicken broth (14)
- 2 ounce Red Gold Diced Tomatoes Basil (Garlic & Oregano, 14)
- 1 ounce Red Gold Crushed Tomatoes (15)
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups lasagna noodles (broken)
- Baked garlic toast
- Shredded Italian cheese
- Brown ground beef and onion. Drain.
- Next in a soup pot, add the chicken broth, the ground beef mixture, ricotta cheese,diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, vinegar, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, brown sugar, garlic, salt and black pepper. Bring to a boil and turn back to simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan cheese, and add the broken lasagna noodles and simmer until noodles are tender for approximately 20 minutes.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with the garlic toast. Sprinkle with shredded Italian cheese, put it under the broiler till the cheese melts.
- Then serve it immediately and ENJOY!
- Calories: 450