It is my birthday, yep October 6 is my birthday. I realized as I am a year older now, I have been growing and changing. With the move to the new apartment, I have felt my energies change. I know I am truly starting new. Every year I make a wish, and usually the same wish on my birthday, yes I still believe in making a wish on your birthday. This year my wish will most likely be the same, but this time I am changing it up a bit. No I wont tell you my wish, then it wont come true. I really like for it to come true, so my secret for now.
With the move, as I said my energies have changed, I finally realized I need changes, So why not start with that wish I make every year. It is time to stop waiting for things and it is time to start doing things. That is what I have come to realize as I am turning 39. I spent so much time waiting for everything, from healing my heart to putting my dreams on hold. It is time to start doing things for Dee. I have finally realized it time for Dee, not anyone else, and stop waiting for dreams to happen, go and make the dreams happen.
I realized what my real passions are, I took the month off from blogging because I was moving, in that month I realized I missed blogging. My passion is cooking and food. Everyone keeps telling me they are surprised I do not pursue a career in food. My passion is doing this blog, I been told I need to move to WordPress platform. Maybe it is time to do the next step, go for it, see if I can make my dreams come true, which is making this, my blog a second income, so if anything happens at work I will be ok I have this. I admit I make gas money right now, nothing that is a second income. I know it can be done. I got to change it up. It part that making my dreams come true.
So let’s celebrate my birthday. Dumante is one of my favorite liquors. I love the smoothness of this pistachio liquor. It is so wonderful not only in making a cocktail, but in baking too. It was the inspiration for me to recreate another favorite of mine, baklava. Traditional baklava is a lot of work, so I seen a recipe for a muffin version from Nigella Lawson. So let’s mix it up add some this great Dumante liquor to it and celebrate my birthday.
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon Dumante liquor
- 1 cup flour
- 7 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Dumante liquor
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees and mix all the filling ingredients together in a small bowl, set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix the egg, melted butter, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- Then make a well in the dry ingredients and add gently mix in the wet ingredients.
- Fill 12 muffin cups 1/3 full, add a tablespoon of filling, cover with more muffin mixture until 2/3 full.
- Then sprinkle any remaining filling on top of the muffins and bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the liquor and honey together, when the muffins are done, pull out and drizzle them with the honey mixture and let cool.
- When they are cool enough, then ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 410