So are you surviving this weather? I guess winter has made it’s stance here in Cleveland, between the Arctic air and snow, yep it is defiantly wintering! I hate winter. I mean I like the snow on Christmas, because it does give a nice Christmasy feel, but come Dec 26th it can just go away!
Since it is cold out and snowy, a friend of mine has to cut her hours at work due to child care issues. We were talking and she said about earning money online, how she love to find one that is real to help her compensate the hours she had to cut from her job. In our conversation we talked about how 95% of those “Earn Instant Money” here postings you see all over social networks and online, are scams. So she went on a challenge, find something that is legit, well she found 2. One of which is a brand new start up and after much research it seems like it is really a nice way to supplement your income
Anyway, one thing good about winter is that perfect for crock pot meals and it is also great soup weather. So, before this 21 day vegan diet detox challenge I am doing, I did make a bunch of other recipe, so I do not overdo it with vegan recipes. I like keeping this blog well rounded, something for everyone so to say. This chowder was one of those dishes I made. I love the cream soups. They are so filling. What is nice about potato corn chowder is you can make it with very little items and has a great taste. In a way it is a money saver recipe. It is a very creamy soup, and taste very good. Perfect to warm you up during this cold weather blast!
A nice crock pot recipe that is perfect comfort food on chilly winter day. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 4 medium potatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup green onion (chopped)
- pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 ounce can cream of chicken soup (10 3/4)
- 1 ounce can cream of celery soup (10 3/4)
- 1 in package of Green Giant Nibblets Corn butter sauce
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 strips of cooked bacon (crumbled)
- Put everything but the cheese and bacon into the crock pot. Stir it up so it is all blended. Let it cook on low for about 3-4 hours, until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the bacon and cheese, cook for another 30 minutes till the cheese melts into it. You can add more cheese if you like.
- When it is all done spoon it into some bowls and ENJOY!
- Calories: 525