We all have something we hate about our bodies. For me, it is the same body part that most women hate, our thighs. I hate my thighs, they are large. I exercise them, and they never get nice looking to me. I remember an episode of Golden Girls, where Rose talks about how unfair when you sit, your size squish out to twice their size. I got this nice figure starting to show as I am losing weight, but the thigh area, my problem area, man I wish there was something you can magically rub on them to make them smaller.
Until that is invented, I know I have to keep trying to do exercise to get them smaller.I will admit a few years ago, at the dollar store I saw miracle sea weed weight loss soap. it was a $1. I did buy it, I knew was a gimmick, but the little voice inside the head said, what if, it only a $1. I scrubbed with it, and no, I did not lose fat with the soap, but will say my skin was beautifully soft!
Despite that, I think I am doing well in my weight loss battle. I am amazed, even though I was on bed rest for 1 month while I was in a cast, I lost weight. That isn’t what supposed to happen, I made it happen, goes back to watching what you put in your mouth and I owe much of it to the vitamin supplements I am taking. It more than a multivitamin I take. A friend wanted to see how much I have lost, so I took a photo, even though I hate my thighs, I really am starting to look good, body wise.
Since I am on a perpetual diet, I try to create salads that are not only healthy, but tasty as well. A good salad is full of flavor, most the time that flavor comes from the dressing. Bottled dressings are nice but they are not the same as one you whip up in your kitchen. So in continuing with the Casa Noble tequila request, they did ask for a recipe with watermelon. The easiest thing to do with watermelon and tequila would be create a drink, but that is way too easy. For me I saw a salad. I was thinking of the strawberry spinach salad with strawberries, what is a twist on that maybe?
A recipe developed using Casa Noble Tequila, it is a refreshing salad that you will love. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen
- salad mix
- grilled chicken
- watermelon cut up
- 1 in container of Del Monte mandarin oranges the fresh ones produce
- 2 tablespoons of Casa Noble Crystal Tequila
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/8 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- First you want to place your salad in a bowl. Any salad mix will do, if you like Romaine, get a Romaine, mix, if you like a blend has spinach, get that. They happened to have an ice burg mix on sale so that why I used it.
- Next, toss in some grilled chicken. This a great way to use up left over chicken, or you can use those packaged grilled chicken chunks that Tyson has.
- Then add the oranges and diced up watermelon to the mix, then set the salad aside so you can prepare the dressing.
- Add the Casa Noble Crystal Tequila, I used this one because it has a light flavor, which is perfect for salads, the mustard, honey and cider vinegar. Whisk it all together until you feel the honey is not sticking to the bottom of the bowl. Basically, your dissolving it into the other liquids.
- Squeeze in the lime juice.
- Then finally whisk in the olive oil and green onions to the dressing. Truthfully could put the onion in the salad. I just felt it needed something and put onion in the dressing. Give the dressing a little taste and adjust it with salt and pepper to your taste level.
- When all to your taste level, pour the dressing over the salad.
- Finally toss everything together. making sure the dressing covers everything.
- Then enjoy the this salad!