Dee Being Dee
I want to start a new section on Seduction in the Kitchen that is just Dee. Not really food related but it is my musings. However, I can not figure out for the life of me how to do it.
If I do a page, it won’t really be in my feed. I thought subdomain, that isn’t possible. Then I looked into can you make a post like this inside a page. The plugins for that are way over my head.
So I’m going to try and just do what I do best, mix life and food together for my musings, Dee being Dee. If anything, you guys will get to see more of me in my posts.
I am hard on myself. Part the reason I will admit of why I want to put more of me into the posts and do this Dee being Dee posts is that I want to boost my confidence in me. This blog has helped me find myself after being in a mentally and emotionally abusive marriage.
Now that I have that, I need to work on my confidence on me. What I mean by that is, I blogged many times on here about my weight. I think I look good, then I get rejected by guys because I’m fat it really plays with one’s confidence.
When I did that Facebook Live video that I posted in Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal I talked about being fat in it. I had people commenting on it that I need to stop being hard on myself. They are right, it just its part of the abuse I suffered from the ex-husband.
He would make me make me weigh myself in front of him every day. He would not take me out in public because he was embarrassed he married a fat girl. When you live that nightmare it will scare you. Emotional and mental abuse scars never go away, but you can overcome them.
It is those scars I want to overcome. I know it why I am still single and settle for guys that I can’t have, like the Persian man I really do like. Part of that is the fear of being crushed like what happened in my marriage, so I settle for a guy that right now, instead of one that truly wants me.
So doing a post like this, putting myself out there, it will help me get the confidence I need. One the things going to try and do is pretend I am a model and show you some new clothes and how I am getting healthier. Hey, you never know what is going to help, but I never show my body, just my face, so I need to break out the box I am in.
One my confidence boosters is getting my nails done. Every 2 weeks I go back to Pittsburgh and get my nails done. My mom started me on this. She knows I been in a funk for awhile, so around March, she treated me to a manicure.
What started as a French manicure treat has now become something else. Manicure help me feel pretty about myself. I like doing something a bit different for my nails. Especially since I am now doing recipe videos. My hands are seen most the time in those videos.
With 4th July, and my visit to Pa around the same time I decided on this red white and blue design. I tell the girl what I think and colors and then she has the creative control. I think next up I want something beachy, we will see what I do.
Chicken Watermelon Salad with Casa Noble Tequila Lime Vinaigrette
So this post is an older post that redoing. It was the first sponsored post I ever did. Although, I never got paid for it. I was just sent samples of Casa Noble. The theme was to create something with watermelon.
Originally Published Jul 12, 2013
Chicken Watermelon Salad with Casa Noble Tequila Lime Vinaigrette is a healthy salad that features Casa Noble Tequila in a vinaigrette that is wonderful
- salad mix
- grilled chicken
- watermelon cut up
- 1 container Del Monte mandarin oranges 3 oz, drained
- 2 tablespoons Casa Noble Crystal Tequila
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/8 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- First you want to place your salad in a bowl. Any salad mix will do, if you like Romaine, get a Romaine, mix, if you like a blend has spinach, get that. They happened to have an ice burg mix on sale so that why I used it.
- Next, toss in some grilled chicken. This a great way to use up left over chicken, or you can use those packaged grilled chicken chunks that Tyson has.
- Then add the oranges and diced up watermelon to the mix, then set the salad aside so you can prepare the dressing.
- Add the Casa Noble Crystal Tequila, I used this one because it has a light flavor, which is perfect for salads, the mustard, honey and cider vinegar. Whisk it all together until you feel the honey is not sticking to the bottom of the bowl. Basically, your dissolving it into the other liquids.
- Squeeze in the lime juice.
- Then finally whisk in the olive oil and green onions to the dressing. Truthfully could put the onion in the salad. I just felt it needed something and put onion in the dressing. Give the dressing a little taste and adjust it with salt and pepper to your taste level.
- When all to your taste level, pour the dressing over the salad.
- Finally toss everything together. making sure the dressing covers everything.
- Then enjoy the this salad!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 339kcal Calories from fat 244|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 27g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Do you like Tequila? Check this out on AMAZON: