Vanilla Sugar Pie with Cinnamon Whipped Cream is a custard pie made without any eggs and uses Vanilla Sugar from The French Farm.
#CookoutWeek is coming to an end, and I have saved the best recipe for last. I got an opportunity to work with The French Farm and I choose a vanilla sugar that they have in their store. What is The French Farm?
The French Farm has searched all over Europe to for the finest imported gourmet foods and kitchen accessories. They carry products that are carefully crafted by small, family-owned businesses and are made using traditional recipes and techniques, which are handed down from one generation to the next. These products contain the highest quality ingredients and materials, have exquisite taste, and are packaged beautifully.
The vanilla sugar I got from them was perfect for a dessert. I have been wanting to make an Amish Sugar Pie forever. What makes an Amish sugar pie different than a custard pie is that there are no eggs at all in the pie.
Vanilla Sugar Pie with Cinnamon Whipped Cream
Vanilla sugar is sugar that has been infused with a vanilla bean. The vanilla sugar I received from The French Farm you can clearly see the black vanilla seeds in with the sugar. It has the wonderful vanilla scent and taste to the sugar.
Since this pie is a sweet side, I decided I wanted a little spice to balance it out. Cinnamon whipped cream was the perfect solution. You have the zest of the cinnamon that meets the sweet of this vanilla sugar and we have a match made in heaven.
Vanilla Sugar Pie
- 3/4 cup vanilla sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Unbaked pie shell
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- In sauce pan combine vanilla sugar, salt, half-and-half and whipping cream.
- Bring to a boil.
- In a bowl combine the brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually whisk in the brown sugar mixture into the cream mixture.
- Add butter
- Cook over medium heat, whisk constantly, 5 minutes or until thick.
- Simmer for 1 minute and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour into uncooked pie shell and sprinkle a little the vanilla sugar on the top
- Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.
- Let it cool overnight in the fridge.
Cinnamon Whipped Cream
- In a bowl, add the cream, cinnamon, and sugar.
- Whip everything together till you get hard peaks.
- Slice up the pie and place a dollop of the whipped cream on each slice and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440