I am teaching a cooking class online! I am very excited about this, it has several section and as of right now 23 lessons. It is called, “How to boil water and cook recipes.”
It costs $35 to take this course. However, I am offering a special discount that only cost $20! The code to use is “Facebook” or can click on the link above and the code will automatically be applied. Wait I am looking for 10 people that would like to take the course for free. The only catch is when done with the course you
Wait, I am looking for 10 people that would like to take the course for free. The only catch is when done with the course you give it an honest review in the review section. If your interested and like to expand your culinary skills in the recipe word then reply in the comments section of this post.
I felt this connection to this guy who happened to be Persian. Let’s just say it was a deep connection that I wanted to learn recipes from his culture. I am like that, I am not afraid to learn something new, especially when comes to culinary.
In a way, because I do love to learn new recipes from all over, is why I am very well rounded in recipes and cooking. We had a bet, me and the Persian man, if I lost 10lbs, we would go out. One thing I know about Persian food is that is healthy.
Trust me I wanted to go out with this man, he was very good looking, plus the connection I felt to him was amazing. I felt he could be the one. So, wanting to impress him, for the big day we go out, I wanted to cook for him.
So that was another reason I wanted to learn recipes from his culture. In the trying of recipes, I discovered this Persian cucumber and tomato salad. It was very good and so refreshing, plus it was healthy as well. Perfect for a woman wanting to lose weight to go out with her dream man.
Did I lose the weight? Yes! I did! In fact to date, since that bet was made I lose 25 lbs.
In fact, yesterday I woke up and was hobbling to my bathroom, I was worried because I am not able to do much due to being in the cast, I may gain weight. I am eating well, but not exercising can cause to gain. I know went through that a few years ago when I broke the foot.
Anyway, I as hobbling to the bathroom, I caught a glance at myself in the mirror. My body transformed itself overnight. I have lost weight, despite being on bed rest. I owe much of it because in addition to watching what I eat, but to a vitamin regime, I have been taking, also the green tea with cinnamon I am drinking too. My body is taking on a nice shape, a shape hasn’t seen since high school.
Anyway, alas I did lose the 10lbs, but I didn’t go out with him, he fell in love with another, and it would been long distance relationship. As they say, everything happens for a reason. I learned great recipes from his culture, and and if he is the one, then it will happen. Only time and destiny knows. Besides he helped keep me motivated in my weight loss journey.
So would like to know this simply delicious Persian delight? It is very simple and I know you will love it.
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 large tomato
- 1 large onion
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- You want to gather the vegetables and make sure you wash them well before you start chopping away. I am mentioning this because, as I am preparing the class I am going to teach, this was actually asked. If it is necessary to wash the vegetables prior to chopping. Truthfully You never know who handled the produce. Maybe someone went to the bathroom and did not wash their hands and handled your cucumber. He didn’t wash his hands and guess what may have been transferred to the cucumber. So wash the vegetables before you chop them.
- Next you want to chop the onion, tomato and cucumber into bite size pieces.
- Once the vegetables are all chopped it time to prepare the dressing, so start squeezing a lemon. Usually one large lemon will give that 1/4 of a cup of juice. Fresh lemon is the best, but you can use bottled. You can also use limes as well for this recipe if you choose.
- Add the olive oil to the lemon juice with the parsley. How much parsley just depends on your taste, I usually add about a tablespoon’s worth. Whisk it all together.
- Once the dressing is whisked together it time to pour it over the vegetables.
- Then add the salt, the salt depends on your taste level. I personally add very little to it. My suggestion is add a little bit then toss the salad and take a little taste; if needs more add a bit more, than toss it again
- Finally, serve the salad. Trust me it is very light refreshing and perfect for warm weather. So give your taste buds a taste of a Persian delight. You will be glad you did!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180