Fruit Salad is perfect for Summer gatherings! No affair would not be complete without a fruit salad.
Memorial Day is fast approaching, and so is the end of my vacation. I have managed to get to Pittsburgh to spend the remaining days with my family. My next week off isn’t until October, so I am soaking in all my Pittsburgh vibe as I can.
So, I want to know, what do you think of the changes I have made on here? I know I am The Lovely Pink Diva, but I decided it too much pink, so toned it down to be a little cleaner looking. Also. I am kinda over my Tuscan colors of dark red and yellow.
Right now as you have seen by my apartment redecorating project. I am about splashes of aqua and light blue. Spa colors, so to say. So I added it to here. I also added a cute border around just the recipe portion. I figured out how to do that.
I told you guys I am all about change, the apartment redo has breathed a new life into me. If I would know getting rid old furniture would breathe this life into me, I would do it years ago! It really has been the best thing for me.
One the things I recently been doing that part of my “change is good” attitude, I finally figured out what I am doing with my Instagram account. I was just putting up the food photos, nothing more. I realized I can do so much with that.
So over the last few days I been doing more than just food. I have been snapping photos of things I like, Like my family dog, Waldo, Views of the trees around my parents home. Stuff like that. I finally get Instagram. Your welcome to follow me and get a taste of what I like. You can follow me by clicking here.
Another change is now that I have had 4 weeks of The Olive and Grapevine published. I know the design and direction I want to do with it. I have received such positive feedback on it. The bloggers that have put their recipe links in it love how I have designed it.
Plus this week I was able to put in some $1.00 off coupons in it for items like Pledge and Hillshire Smoked Sausage. It maybe a weekly newsletter, but I realized it more, it is my magazine I talked about doing. It keeps improving every week. Here you can check it out here If you like it, then subscribe to see it in your mailbox.
So, as I have said the holiday is coming up and it picnic time. I was asked if I can do a fruit salad. Now fruit salad isn’t hard, but what makes good fruit salad is the dressing. Yes, you heard me the dressing. It a nice glaze you put on the fruit, it enhances the flavor and makes taste really good! The secret to my glaze, vanilla pudding.
- 1 ounce can peach slices (undrained, 29)
- 1 ounce can pineapple chunks (undrained, 20)
- 1 ounce box dry vanilla instant pudding mix (3 1/8)
- 1 lb strawberry (stemmed and quartered)
- 2 banana (sliced)
- 1 bunch grapes
- 1/2 ounces jar maraschino cherries (2)
- 1 tablespoon maraschino juice
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Rinse the strawberries and grapes. A trick I learned, the strawberry container has wholes, which makes it easier to rinse the fruit, open it up, place the grapes in the lid portion and it works like a colander, so rinse off both fruit at the same time.
- In a bowl, add the pudding mix, the OJ, maraschino juice, the juice from the peaches and pineapples. With a whisk, mix all together till nice and smooth.
- Add all the fruit into a bowl, pour the dressing over the fruit, and toss it all together. You can play with this add some blue berries, raspberries, mandarin oranges, mangoes, anything you like.
- Chill then ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320