I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Eggnog coffee cake with white chocolate glaze is a wonderful addition to make for your Christmas baking! This easy coffee cake recipe with wonderful eggnog flavor.
Kitchens are busy with Christmas baking. You are making everything from cookies to Christmas cakes.
Christmas baking is a great way to bring a family closer together. What fun can we have with an easy coffee cake recipe? Let’s add some Christmas flavor to a coffee cake.
When comes to Christmas flavors eggnog is one of the flavors you think of. An eggnog cake would be perfect, but what about an eggnog coffee cake?
Most eggnog cake recipes is a pretty decorative cake. I wanted an eggnog cake that is easy to make, so coffee cake sounded better to create for a Christmas baking recipe.
Easy coffee cake recipe
Making a coffee cake recipe is actually very simple. What is a coffee cake?
A coffee cake is any flavored cake that you have with coffee. I have seen coffee cake recipes that are dense to an easy coffee cake recipe that is light and fluffy.
This easy coffee cake recipe is in the middle with it texture. The cake is not light and fluffy but not a dense cake either. What this eggnog cake is is simply delicious.
White chocolate glaze
Although this Christmas coffee cake is good. It needed the wow factor. In comes the white chocolate glaze.
White chocolate and eggnog go well together. White chocolate also tastes good on a cake. So why not add a white chocolate glaze to a coffee cake!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup eggnog
White Chocolate Glaze
- 1/2 cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp White Powdered Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Coat a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat the butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl with a mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Beat in the eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla until combined.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixture in three batches, alternating with the eggnog in two batches.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium-high and beat until well combined, about 30 seconds.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan; set aside.
- Bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack and let cool 20 minutes, then remove the springform ring and let cool completely.
!White Chocolate Glaze
- Place white chocolate chips and milk in a saucepan on low flame.
- Allow white chocolate chips to melt, stirring regularly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the powdered white sugar.
- Mix until the glaze is smooth.
- Spread on cakes while still warm and Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 611Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 166mgSodium: 427mgCarbohydrates: 80gFiber: 1gSugar: 47gProtein: 10g