The Adult Almond Joy Ice Cream is chocolate, Alize Coco, and Ice cream makes a great combo for the Adult Almond Joy Ice cream, the perfect recipe for a girl’s broken heart. From Seduction in the Kitchen.
When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade, right? Well, how come in a girl’s life, when she gets a lemon for a boyfriend she turns to ice cream? Or better yet, her friends take her out for a drink to forget that lemon of a boyfriend.
As I am getting back into the dating world again, I noticed something, the more advanced we get with technology, the more people tend to be, I don’t know, rude? I noticed a trend if someone wasn’t interested they simply tell you, I am not interested, or the old standby of it isn’t you, it is me, line. Now, these lines seem to no longer exist.
I went out with a friend, who is also getting back into the dating world after 10 years, and she said the same thing as me, what is with these guys? They ask you to text them you do, things seem ok, then suddenly they stop. There is no explanation, its dead silence. We compare notes on a few guys and we come to figure this out about the new dating world: it sucks.
Call me old fashion, but personally, I rather have that quick call or text says sorry, not interested, then silence. That 30 seconds of hurt is so much better than the what did I do wrong, that the silence brings. It seems the most professional the guy, the bigger the coward jerk he seems to be.
Yes, I think that silence is just a sign that the guy is a jerk. My friend agreed with me. Welcome to the new age of dating, I guess.
Anyway, since I was doing this series on adult frozen treats, I decided to make an adult version based on the classic Almond Joy. This is perfect, it is ice cream, it has Alize Coco in it, both are just what a girl wants to get over the pain of dating. As a bonus, it also has chocolate in it. That, my dear readers, is a girl’s best friend. Yes, this is the perfect summer treat to get over the dating blues with.
The Adult Almond Joy Ice Cream is chocolate, Alize Coco, and Ice cream makes a great combo for the Adult Almond Joy Ice cream, the perfect recipe for a girl's broken heart. From Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Alize Coco
- 1 cup sweet coconut
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- chocolate fudge
- First you need to make the base, combine the milks and sugar together and let cook on low until the temperature gets to 170F degrees. Take off the heat and let cool over night in the fridge.
- When the mixture is cooled down to 40F degrees, you can add it to the ice cream maker. Follow the directions for your ice cream maker. Add the base, the Alize, the coconut, and almonds and let mix and chill in the maker.
- When the ice cream is ready in the maker, take it out and in a pan or container, put a layer of the ice cream down. Then add dollups of the fudge topping on top. You just want to little pockets of the fudge, not the entire ice cream covered in fudge. Then place another layer of ice cream on top that. Keep doing the ice cream fudge layering and end with ice cream on top.
- Set the container in the freezer and let set up for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, scoop some out, drizzle some hot fudge on top and ENJOY!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420