The Black and Gold Burger is a Steelers burger! It is loosely based on Peppi’s Old Tyme Sandwich Shop in Pittsburgh. You will love this version of Peppi’s Pittsburgh Pa Roethlisburger.
I am a native Pittsburgher. Yes, I live in Brown’s country of Cleveland, OH. Even though I live in the orange and brown territory, I stand out because this girl bleeds black and gold. Yes, I will always have pride in my hometown Pittsburgh Steelers.
When I moved to Cleveland in 2005, I had heard up to that point the saying: “One for the thumb.” Silly me thought everyone knew that Pittsburgh saying. Surprise, in Cleveland, they had no clue of what I saying.
That was before I even said any of my Pittsburghese. Which would confuse them even further? Pittsburghese is how we talk in Pittsburgh, like saying Yinz. Example “See Yinz later!”
I talk about my Pittsburgh language in many of my Pittsburgh based recipes like:
Anyway, one for the thumb saying was for the Steelers to get that 5th super bowl ring. They already had 4 rings in 2005, which would cover every finger. So all the needed was one ring for the thumb.
Get it? As you know, they did get one for the thumb. In fact, the Steelers are up to six and the saying now is Six-Burgh stairway to Seven.
Where To Get A Roethlisberger Burger?
The idea for this black and gold burger was inspired by a restaurant in Pittsburgh called Peppi’s. Peppi’s is the home of the famous Roethlis-burger, which you can read about on Peppi’s website.
The Black and Gold Burger: Steelers Fan Burger
I wanted to create something like the roethlisburger. I saw in the copycat versions of this Steelers burger is pepperoncini peppers. The original roethlisburger at Peppi’s in Pittsburgh Pa does not have.
The Black and Gold Burger is a Burger loosely based on Peppi’s Old Tyme Sandwich Shop in Pittsburgh famous Roethlis-burger. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 lb hot sausage
- 4 slices of American cheese
- 1 onion (sliced)
- BBQ Sauce
- Shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- Pepperoncini peppers
- Kaiser Rolls
- Form 4 patties with your ground chuck and set aside.
- Next, form 4 patties of the hot sausage.
- Grill the ground chuck patties and hot sausage till they are done.
- Place the American cheese on each of the ground chuck patties, let it melt onto each patty.
- On the bottom of the kaiser bun, place a little BBQ sauce.
- On top the BBQ sauce place the American cheese covered ground chuck patty.
- Then on top the ground chuck patty, place a few slices of onions.
- Next on top of the onions, place the hot sausage patty.
- Then, on top the hot sausage patty, sprinkle on some the shredded Colby Jack cheese.
- Top off with some the pepperoncini peppers.
- Finally place some mayo on the top part the kaiser bun, and place that on top the burger.
- Serve them up during the game and ENJOY!