#SundaySupper The Cleveland Hogg Burger
Pittsburgh is in my blood, it is where I am from, that is where my family lives. I do miss them, but for now, Cleveland is where I live. If I meet Mr. Right, yes I may move again to another state, I mean that was why I moved here to begin with, for love.
No matter where I live, I know my father will always be there for me. When I got divorced, he drove up here to help me move, of course, he got lost and somehow ended up by Brown’s stadium with my sister, who decided to wear a Steelers sweatshirt. According to my dad he told her to duck down because Browns fans can get too crazy, he didn’t need to be killed over her sweatshirt. None the less, they found their way to my apartment, loaded me up and helped me move out the place I shared with my ex-husband.
I love my father, I do have a nonbiological father in a way too. My very good friend Richard. Richard is like my surrogate father, no he could never replace my dad, but I do love him just like my own father. He is older than most my friends, they all know him too, in fact, he tells people he is our gay father. Richard more than a father figure, I tell people he is my GBF, which my gay best friend. I think every woman needs a GBF in her life.
Why? Well, they are the most honest. They are not afraid to tell you when you’re a fool, and when comes to advising you about guys, they give the best advice. Plus they help you look fabulous.
So in honor of Father’s Day, Sunday Supper is having MAN FOOD! Well, I asked my 2 favorite guys what recipe would they do for a manly burger. Between the two, I ended up with this combo. In a way it should be called The Pittsburgh-Cleveland Hogg Burger, because it is a fusion of the two cities, stacked up high like they do in Pittsburgh, and lots of pork like they like in Cleveland. The reason I settled on The Cleveland Hogg as it the name, in all honesty, I already have 2 Pittsburgh sandwich recipes on here already. I thought I just even the score slightly, just to give Cleveland a better chance.
So are you ready for more Man Food? Well check out this week’s lineup:
- BBQ Chicken Nacho by Country Girl in The Kitchen
- Beer Battered Fried Mushrooms by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Burrata Bresaola and Arugula Appetizer by Family Foodie
- Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce by Hip Foodie Mom
- Chipotle Pork Belly-Stuffed Jalapeño Poppers by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Beer-Battered Prawns with Spicy Marmalade by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Devils on Horseback by Nosh My Way
- Fried Pickles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Garlic and Herb Wine Jelly by What Smells So Good?
- Maple Sriracha Chicken Wings by Manu’s Menu
- Tomato Bacon Jam by Feed Me, Seymour
- Bacon Bourbon BBQ Burgers by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Bacon Cheeseburger Crustless Quiche by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Beef Barbacoa by Casa de Crews
- Beef Short Rib Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Beer Brats with Pepper Relish by Jelly Toast
- Beer Can Chicken by Curious Cuisiniere
- Chicago Style-Pizza by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chili Dog Casserole by Simple Gourmet
- Chipotle Pork Chops by girlichef
- Coconut & Lime Grilled Shrimp Skewers by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Colossal Burger by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Lemon Pepper Wings by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Chipotle Chicken Pizza by Peaceful Cooking
- Grilled Lobster with Miso Butter by Kimchi MOM
- Grilled Sweet Guava Chicken by The Foodie Army Wife
- Ham and Pineapple Pizza Pockets by gotta get baked
- Huevos Rancheros Casserole by Pescetarian Journal
- Lacquered Short Ribs in the Slow Cooker by Shockingly Delicious
- Maple Chipotle Barbecue Pork Tenderloin by Flavor Mosaic
- Meatball Burger on Garlic Bread by Healthy.Delicious.
- Mom’s Slow Roasted Brisket by Food Lust People Love
- Perfectly Pan Seared Steak by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Pollo al Peperoncino by Run DMT
- Polish Coal Miner Piggies (Stuffed Cabbage Rolls- Golabki) by Rants from my Crazy Kitchen
- Red Chile Shredded Chicken Tacos. How to win over your man’s stomach and steal his heart. by Simply Healthy Family
- Ropa Vieja by Meal Diva
- Salt of the Earth Ribs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salisbury Steak w/ Loaded Mashed Potatoes and Mushroom Gravy by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Smoked Turkey Drumsticks by Cindy’s Recipes and Writing
- Stuffed Chipotle Bacon Cheese Burgers by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Stuffed Pork Chops by The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Tex-Mex Gut Buster Chili by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- The Cleveland Hogg Burger by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Beer Funnel Cake by Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Black Forest Cake by Noshing with the Nolands
- Carob Chip Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Chunky Monkey Vegan Banana Bread by Ninjabaking.com
- Classic Cheesecake by Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Fat Man’s Pie by Magnolia Days
- Mandarin orange cake aka southern pig pickin’ cake by Baking & Browning
- Pizookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Pound Cake Stacks with Roasted Strawberries by Melanie Makes
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie With Mascarpone Cream by La Bella Vita Cucina
The Cleveland Hogg, an all pork burger inspired by men for #SundaySupper. A recipe from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 6 slices of Garlic Texas Toast
- 2 lbs hot Italian sausage
- 3 slices cheddar jack cheese
- 1 small onion
- 1 lb bacon cooked
- 6 slices Canadian bacon cooked
- grain mustard
- First, you want to slice the onion and saute it in either olive oil or butter. Saute the onion until it is clear and translucent. Then set it aside.
- Next, bake the garlic Texas Toast according to the package., when done, set them aside.
- While the Texas Toast is baking, form patties with the hot sausage, fry it on both sides until the meat is done and no longer pink.
- Time to assembly the burger once the sausage is done. Place one slice of the Texas toast down, add a slice of the cheddar jack cheese on it.
- Next lay the sausage patty on it. Layer on 2 slices of the Canadian bacon. Then add at least 3 strips of the bacon. Top it off with the sauteed onions and a squirt of the mustard.
- Finally, add another slice of Texas toast and ENJOY!
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 2004kcal Calories from fat 1502|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 167g||257%|
|Saturated Fat 61g||305%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|