Blackened Shrimp Pasta is a Blackened Cajun shrimp with a creamy cheese sauce that you will fall in love with.
Have you ever been to Mardi Gras? Me personally? No, I have not, but I have always wanted to go. I want to see the festivities, the parades just do a YOLO moment.
Would I expose my breasts to get beads? Well, maybe. Course by the time I do go to Mardi Gras, I would be most likely retired, 65 years old and my breasts would be like balloons that have been inflated for a week and are hanging low. The floats might throw beads at me to keep my shirt on by then!
In all honesty, sometimes you do need to step outside the box. Do something you never thought you would do. Mardi Gras in a way is like that. You can go down to New Orleans and step outside of your comfort zone, just live in the moment.
Blackened Shrimp Pasta
It is Sunday Supper time. So as you may have guessed with the Mardi Gras talk, this week’s theme is MARDI GRAS! The host for this theme is Marion of Life Tastes Good.
I wanted to do something a bit different for Mardi Gras. I wanted to think outside the box from the normal Mardi Gras fare. Luckily, when I went to the Fabulous Food Show in November, I discovered this blackened seasoning from Chef Eddie Tancredi called etc, it is simply amazing. It is perfect for creating something Cajun.
New Orleans is known for shrimp. So it was easy for me to put this blackened seasoning with shrimp. It wasn’t enough, it needed something more.
For the heat of the spices, how about something to cool it down with? Yes, that is perfect, a cool creamy cheese sauce. Gruyere cheese was perfect. A French cheese for the French quarter. Yes, this is a great Mardi Gras inspired dish.
Blackened Shrimp Pasta Video
Blackened Shrimp Pasta is a Blackened Cajun shrimp with a creamy cheese sauce that you will fall in love with. A Mardi Gras inspired recipe made for #SundaySupper from Seduction in the Kitchen.
- 1 lb dry linguine
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Blackened Seasoning
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Chives for garnish
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat up the olive oil in a saute pan.
- Add the Blackened Seasoning
- Make sure the shrimp is covered in the seasoning. Cook the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green onions to the pan.
- Next, pour cream into the skillet. Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly until just boiling.
- Simmer 8 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese, blending well.
- Drain pasta. Put onto a plate.
- Last, top the pasta with the shrimp and sauce.
- Serve it up and ENJOY!