I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for me to earn fees to Amazon.com and affiliate sites.
Blackened Shrimp Pasta is a creamy cajun shrimp pasta. This recipe for blackened shrimp is with a creamy sauce that makes this shrimp pasta amazing!
I love good shrimp pasta! My favorite creamy shrimp pasta is, of course, shrimp alfredo. Did you know you can make creamy shrimp pasta with a kick? Yep by simply adding in some blackened seasoning.
I recently discovered this blackened seasoning from Chef Eddie Tancredi called etc from a food trade show. I really wanted to make a blackened shrimp with it. Sure I could do a blackened salmon, but a blackened shrimp sounded much better.
Cajun Shrimp Pasta
If I am using blackened seasoning, then why not make this a cajun shrimp pasta. For balance in this cajun shrimp pasta, I decided to make it with a creamy cheese sauce, like alfredo. This creamy shrimp pasta is perfect for a filling dinner.
What is blackened seasoning?
What is blackened seasoning? Blackened seasoning is a blend of smoked paprika, onions powder, sea salt, garlic powder, black pepper, dried thyme, oregano, and cayenne pepper. It does have a bit of heat, but blackened seasoning to me also has a smokey taste to it as well.
Plus blackened seasoning isn’t as hot as a cajun seasoning in my opinion. So if you want a cajun recipe but you are afraid of the heat, then try a blackened seasoning instead.
- 1 lb dry linguine
- 2 tablespoon Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Blackened Seasoning
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 lb shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Chives for garnish
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat up the olive oil in a saute pan.
- Add the Blackened Seasoning
- Make sure the shrimp is covered in the seasoning. Cook the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green onions to the pan.
- Next, pour cream into the skillet. Cook over med. heat, stirring constantly until just boiling.
- Simmer 8 minutes, or until thickened.
- Stir in cheese, blending well.
- Drain pasta. Put onto a plate.
- Last, top the pasta with the shrimp and sauce.
- Serve it up and ENJOY!
If you do not have lemon olive oil, try regular olive oil and add a tablespoon of lemon juice to it
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 838Total Fat: 60gSaturated Fat: 35gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 292mgSodium: 1962mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 34g